Fall's promise

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Elite
500 Club

Fall's promise

Unread postby Elite » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:26 am

I'm currently sitting on a chair overlooking the water on the Chippewa Flowage at a resort my grandparents in-law used to own. My wife has family that comes up here every year from Illinois so we take a few days off of work to spend time with them.
I can't help but to reflect on this year and how sucky it's been with covid. In addition, the unknown to come with this country, the virus, etc is unsettling, to me anyway.

But what I do know is that fall is next month, and with it comes hope, peace, tranquility, and escape from the chaos. The promise that chasing whitetails is enough to distract us from everything going on in the world. The 3.5 months of the constant "grind". The changing of leaves cleanses us from the stress of having to be "on the go" every day. And knowing that our problems melt when we step foot in the woods. If only the leaves would start turning now....

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Fall's promise

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:30 am

Elite wrote:I'm currently sitting on a chair overlooking the water on the Chippewa Flowage at a resort my grandparents in-law used to own. My wife has family that comes up here every year from Illinois so we take a few days off of work to spend time with them.
I can't help but to reflect on this year and how sucky it's been with covid. In addition, the unknown to come with this country, the virus, etc is unsettling, to me anyway.

But what I do know is that fall is next month, and with it comes hope, peace, tranquility, and escape from the chaos. The promise that chasing whitetails is enough to distract us from everything going on in the world. The 3.5 months of the constant "grind". The changing of leaves cleanses us from the stress of having to be "on the go" every day. And knowing that our problems melt when we step foot in the woods. If only the leaves would start turning now....

:clap: Great post
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:49 am

I agree. Can’t wait to get back in a tree again and get away from the madness if only for a few hours. I cannot imagine not having that escape to look forward to.
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:52 am

Elite wrote:I'm currently sitting on a chair overlooking the water on the Chippewa Flowage at a resort my grandparents in-law used to own. My wife has family that comes up here every year from Illinois so we take a few days off of work to spend time with them.

I needed this today. Great post.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”