Stand location advice

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

adamwagner787

Stand location advice

Unread postby adamwagner787 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:14 am

inbound5249762103547311097.jpg
Need some advice for the area please. The peninsula is about 170 acres total. A ridge basically runs down the middle of it with the bigger field being the high point. More then likely will be accessing by water from the North. Corn in both fields and the red dots are some beds I found in an old over grown thicket/field (thick enough not to be able to hunt without blowing them out). The heavy red dot is a single heavier used bed. Only have untill Nov 1 and then water access is off limits. Throw me some stand locations and winds to try it on. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: Stand location advice

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:04 pm

If I was hunting this and going in blind.

That bowl and main single bed he could really bed their on most winds. Theres no South facing bedding on this peninsula sure theres none near the red box?
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:37 pm

That main single bed will probably be a nightmare to hunt due to swirl. Going in blind my setups would be S and E depending on how far they are from bedding.

S setup is just a off wind if you get too close to those beds it's a bust. I would setup low by water and let the water push my scent up. Kill must be before buck catches rising thermal if he comes in before thermal drop.

E stand looks decent and is easier access with less risk. I would setup most of the way up the hill.

Obviously s stands for hunt on wind from south.
E from east.

Is their a heavy trail leaving that peninsula where it connects to land? Probably a good rut funnel if it is.

Screenshot_20200803-213600_Painter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:00 pm

I have no idea how far my spots would be from those beds. So the spots may be closer to the point of peninsula. Just tried to give a general idea. Good luck setting up on the main single bed. That entire area is a wind magnet.
Might could move the East stand spot torward the main bed and see what your wind does worth a try along that transition. Still think getting in real tight to the main bed is going to be super difficult.
adamwagner787

Unread postby adamwagner787 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks. I definitely agree about accessing the heavy bed. Me and my buddy were discussing that as we saw it on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”