Spotting Scopes for Glassing

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PAbowhunter10

Re: Spotting Scopes for Glassing

Unread postby PAbowhunter10 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:52 am

Lockdown wrote:
PAbowhunter10 wrote:
Lockdown wrote:
PAbowhunter10 wrote:
Bigburner wrote:Im looking to do the same. Ive been looking into some of the vortex middle of the road models but we will see. Lockdown said something in his podcast that I've always had a tendency to stick by myself and he referred to it specifically to a spotting scope "buy once cry once" . Also I would look around for maybe a used one. You may be able to scoop up a really nice one that someone is unloading. let us know how you make out.

Thanks for the advise. I have a nice a pair of vortex bino’s and they are very reliable. I was planning to check out vortex first and continue my search from there. I wish I could be like Lockdown and find a really nice scope at a garage sale or auction for dirt cheap. I just don’t have the time to be bouncing around to every local sale. Plus it’s like finding a needle in a haystack.

My boss’ friend was selling his Vortex a couple months ago. Not sure if he found a buyer? I will check for you. It was in excellent shape.

My buddy Tyler has a Vortex and it is a nice spotter. His is angled and it has some cool features.

It takes extreme luck to find a deal like mine. The only reason I was at that auction was because my Dad wanted to buy some pipe gates that were consigned, and he had to work. The guy never showed with the gates but I came across that box while I was waiting.

I’ll admit when I figured out that scope was in there I didn’t leave it on top :lol:

There was 5 gutting knives, a couple hundred shotgun shells (4 buck, lead upland load, steel waterfowl load, and 12 & 20 gauge slugs). Also a shotgun cleaning kit and a shell belt, old pair of bumps and a few other things and of course the Leupold spotter. Bought the whole box for $80 and sold one of the knives for $10 before I left :lol: :lol: :lol: it was one of the highlights of my life so far

That’s awesome! I have heard of stories like this before but I have very little luck for this to happen to me. I don’t believe I have ever won anything at a gun raffle either. And I have entered a lot of them. Probably enough to buy a few guns. :lol: Meanwhile I have buddies that win stuff it seems like every year. Or have some crazy story like the one you experienced.

Dang... he sold the spotter a couple weeks ago for $200 :doh:

No problem. Thanks for checking. Sounds like whoever got it made out well.

Brad
500 Club

Re: Spotting Scopes for Glassing

Unread postby Brad » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:51 pm

I don't know about spotting scopes, but I've gotten to the point that anything I look through will be made by Vortex. All of my scopes and binoculars are Vortex, because from what I have seen you can't beat the clarity and quality for the price. Plus you can't beat an unconditional lifetime warrantee. The only thing with glass I own that isn't vortex is my Sig rangefinder.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”