Trendy!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Trendy!

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:01 pm

I remember a part of my childhood where my best clothes had holes in them. I was laughed at and called trash. Today those holes cost xtra. I remember shortly after being married hunting stomped to death public ground cause it was the only place I had to go. Now it’s all the rage. I switched to a stickbow many years ago cause a compound was to hard to work on. I didn’t own presses and machinery. The closest bow shop was hours away and charged an arm and a leg at the time.

Had a guy approach me the other day about shooting a recurve. Said he wanted a simpler mor low maintenance way to hunt. Asked what he currently did? Well he takes his bow to a bow shop b4 every season to get tuned up, then fires a few arrows to confirm he is good to go. How in the freaking McFreak do u get more easier low maintenance than that? Believe a high population of folks get the wrong idea. Are pants u pay $40 more bucks for cause they got holes in em better? Or are they simply trendy and u wanna be one of the cool kids. Hey for most of us here this is what we do cause it’s our only option which is fine and dandy. But if you wanna trade some of your grandpas prime Cush so u can go slumming with the cool kids let me know. I’m definitely your guy.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
muddy

Re: Trendy!

Unread postby muddy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 pm

I hope you and I can share a campfire one day.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:42 pm

muddy wrote:I hope you and I can share a campfire one day.

Me to! Hopefully during some kinda hunting season and not surviving in the Apls as your fitness equipment manager. I lost 90% of my water weight just hearing about your training. However, I did share some of my undercover training regiment videos of my cycling routine with a few Beast :lol: Ricky Bobby Gold!!!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:49 pm

Gear talk and trends..... I've always been anti pop culture. I could go pull any weapon of choice out of the basement and shoot it accurately. It's not a game it's a life. I would hunt with a rock if they had rock season.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 pm

I’ll bring the beer
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Ain’t that the sad truth!
How bad do you want it?
HuntingParadise
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hunting.paradise.56

Unread postby HuntingParadise » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Haha. Im more than willing to pay the price and put in the time for something if I know I can count on it. It seems like name brand always costs more for less of a product that doesnt hold up. Just give me what gives the job done and Ill be more than happy. I still use my dads old camo that most teens probably wear as fashion these days!
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:29 pm

I’ve never been trendy. I try and get as much life out of my pants and other clothes, so I don’t see the point in buying clothes with holes already in them.
It amazes me the lengths that people will go to draw attention to themselves
Ryan
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:46 pm

X2

I picked up a recurve when life threw me a curve ball. Invested a lot of time into it. Setting up arrows and shooting shooting shooting and shooting. I would shoot under the pole light when I got off work late. Gave me a distraction and purpose. I know I’m not as bent as you with the recurve but I do appreciate what goes into it.
RookieBeast2019

Unread postby RookieBeast2019 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:55 pm

:whistle: :whistle: Don’t mind me... just saving my pennies for the beast sticks and stand :whistle: :whistle:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”