Arrow question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEOHBB

Arrow question

Unread postby SEOHBB » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Got some Sirius Apollo 250 spine arrows. Jacked the weight up to 550 grains. Never shot small diameter before, they were dead on with field tips and hit real hard. I then ran my fixed iron wills thru a few shots and I was up and to right about 3 inches. Then threw a practice mechanical head on and its in the same place as the fixed. What do I need to do? I shot the field point again after the broadheads and was spot on again. Im obviously not a bow junky and dont know where to start. Any ideas

Rsnyder
Facebook: na

Re: Arrow question

Unread postby Rsnyder » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:04 pm

It has to do with your bows tune. You can Broadhead tune but some would call that a bandaid. Properly tuned bow should shoot a quality Broadhead with field points. I’m not the guy you want to explain methods. YouTube research will get it done. There may be something on it here. John Dudley is excellent. Good luck with it. Doesn’t sound like it needs much at all
Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

Unread postby Seeker529 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:28 pm

I am not an expert by any means but I tried this and worked for me... it’s a good starting point for you!

https://youtu.be/lQQnc1axz9U
Eric17
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/eric.armel.3?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby Eric17 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:00 am

Go to Iron Will’s Instagram and read their post description from July 7th. They detail specifics on getting optimal arrow flight with their heads.

Your broadhead may be steering the arrow also if tuning does not fix your issue. What is your vane setup? You would need to increase drag from the vanes by adding an extra fletch or go helical.

They also mention tip wobble, Ranch Fairy has a good video on this!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”