Bucks you pass.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Bucks you pass.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 am

I recently started going back over some of my cam pics from last year. I spent most of my December hunting a particular 13 point that was pushing 160 in a different area.

When I went through my footage I realized this new area held several good bucks. I think it's going to be good this coming year. I pulled this cam in late december and kinda forgot about it.

It's amazing how we get onto something big and everything else goes out the window.

I think this year this buck is going to be a solid 4 year old. I scouted this entire area but I've never sat in a tree in this several hundred acre piece of public. Probably the biggest 7 point I've seen on camera.

What are some of last years bucks you guys are targeting.
Hi756.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: Bucks you pass.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:38 am

Kln900.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 pm

Nice!!

It feels good when you come Into a fresh season, knowing where some good ones should still be

Hope you get into some good action this fall

Oh by the way... did you hear of the 13 getting killed? Have you been trying to get tabs on him already?
PublicLand

Unread postby PublicLand » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Nice, and I've been there. Don't camera, but a sighting or last year's track turned me like a tornado.
Very little excites like big bucks. Or completely sidetracks.
moondoondude
500 Club

Unread postby moondoondude » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:31 pm

I usually have one pre-hoped for a certain year a few years in advance. Sometimes I'll hope for as many as 3 or 4 deer at 3 years old or 5 or so at 2 year olds to make it to 5. Sometimes none of them make it to 5. I should say usually actually.

This year, I have one that I hoped for at 2 years old. He is 5 now. I have all of his sets from 2, 3, and 4 years old. I've spent a bit of time waiting for him and watching him.
Chad Gus 715

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:12 pm

The bottom buck just showed up this week, he's a mainframe 10 this year with a few kickers off of his one base and the big 6 is a 7pt this year and a few inches wider
attachment=1]IMG_20191005_123912_780.jpg[/attachment]
IMG_20190729_122345_910.jpg
equal opportunity hunter
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:25 pm

785550D1-8B99-4136-87EE-B9668B1F0A89.jpeg
5556DC2F-33B9-49EA-BFF6-0386C1032EC7.jpeg
FD2FF126-3B4E-4C87-9572-98D4E3FD9E45.jpeg
1A2FFB4A-D6E9-4DB2-9531-ADE644B9F53F.jpeg
7C88D4B6-4936-492A-8A51-EC0846EA8260.jpeg

I hope these pictures come through visibly. One particular 8pt got my full attention last season and several bucks got passed by the wayside
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:12 pm

backstraps wrote:Nice!!

It feels good when you come Into a fresh season, knowing where some good ones should still be

Oh by the way... did you hear of the 13 getting killed? Have you been trying to get tabs on him already?

To my knowledge noone killed him.
It would've made the local news I think.
I was the only public hunter in that area that I am aware of in december and I drove by it Alot.

I havent tried to locate him or the big 10 point. I know it's a great area so I haven't visited it since January. I try to only put cams in areas I'm not sure has a shooter.

Both if still around are definitely shooters.
Elite
500 Club

Unread postby Elite » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:01 am

I was holding out for a 4+ year old last year, but really wanted to kill this buck living by my house. I found his matched set and scored him at 155 and change as a 5.5 year old. I passed a 125-130" 3 year old twice because I didn't want to shoot a 3 year old. I was able to snap multiple pictures of him as he walked by at 30-35 yards.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:33 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
backstraps wrote:Nice!!

To my knowledge noone killed him.
It would've made the local news I think.
I was the only public hunter in that area that I am aware of in december and I drove by it Alot.

I havent tried to locate him or the big 10 point. I know it's a great area so I haven't visited it since January. I try to only put cams in areas I'm not sure has a shooter.

Both if still around are definitely shooters.

Heck yeah!! Hope you close the deal on them both!

I have 6 on the watchlist this fall. One eluded me all last fall. Was seen after season healthy and waiting for the chess match this fall.
Another I passed him twice last year at 4.5 because he broke a main beam. My daughter chased him and came close afterwards late season.
Then I know of 4 different 8pts that are each the best on their properties.
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:41 am

You guys are on some nice ones, boy! It’s Almost embarrassing to post what gets one excited around here. You got 90-100” deer and then you get the occasional 120-130” that gets everyone talking. I passed a Few 100” 8pts. I also shot a 100 incher though..
Hoping some survived the winter. I talk with a few of the local guys that are known for downing some big ones. They have been struggling last 5 yrs or so. They are bait hunters.. but typically surprise me with some nice ones. They don’t even have any pics that impress the last few seasons. Nobody can be very confident a buck is going to be around next yr even though we seen him after season closed. They say the wolves target mature bucks in winter as they are so worn down from the rut. I believe it. I know magic man has said he’ll pick up a track up here and follow it 6 miles during rut and never even see the buck stopped in that stretch. Not knowing how long it was going before he got on it’s track or how long it went after he quit.. They show up a bit more skin and bones on camera after rut sometimes.

Here’s some pics 1 I passed 1 I didn’t know about till pulling cams late season and 1 I blew an opportunity on in early season then found him again late. Lots of fun. I’m getting cams ready to Start goIn out this afternoon actually
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”