Top 5 strategy podcast of all time?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

Re: Top 5 strategy podcast of all time?

Unread postby <DK> » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:26 am

Missionshooter wrote:

While I agree bowhunterforlife had a good podcast. I didn't care for the "hunt different " podcast. That guy wouldn't let justin get a word in. A podcast should be about the guest and his thoughts. The host dominated the interview and poor Justin couldn't get a word in. Also, I cuss too but the host dropped the F bomb way to many times, and didn't stop when Justin's daughter got in the car. Audio was horrible too.

I would love to hear Andy may and justin on a podcast together.

Great points and I can agree.

Id argue if Justin and Andy actually had their own show it would be a force to be reckoned with. Both seem to be very busy though.

Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:29 am

<DK> wrote:
Missionshooter wrote:

While I agree bowhunterforlife had a good podcast. I didn't care for the "hunt different " podcast. That guy wouldn't let justin get a word in. A podcast should be about the guest and his thoughts. The host dominated the interview and poor Justin couldn't get a word in. Also, I cuss too but the host dropped the F bomb way to many times, and didn't stop when Justin's daughter got in the car. Audio was horrible too.

Id argue if Justin and Andy actually had their own show it would be a force to be reckoned with. Both seem to be very busy though.

Good point. Hopefully Bowhunter4Life will be on another podcast like WiredToHunt or something like that. I enjoyed hearing his strategy when they allowed him to talk. I believe he has sooooo much more he could cover if given the opportunity. Thanks for posting the links DK!!! Good luck this season!
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
deer365

Unread postby deer365 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 am

greenhorndave wrote:The guys that are hitting it out of the park are The Southern Outdoorsmen

Yes they are! They have some great guests, I can honestly say over the last year and a half their content along with what I've learned from the beast has changed the way I scout and hunt.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:33 am

deer365 wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:The guys that are hitting it out of the park are The Southern Outdoorsmen

Yes they are! They have some great guests, I can honestly say over the last year and a half their content along with what I've learned from the beast has changed the way I scout and hunt.

They absolutely have the Beast style of hunting and are just outstanding at picking up subtle things their guests are saying and then following up. About the best let-the-guest-talk-to-asking-questions-and-talking ratio I've encountered.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Rmallen
Facebook: Roth mallen

Unread postby Rmallen » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:06 am

One not mentioned is a new one with Called Hunt for Real
With tony Peterson. He has some good guest Andy May was on recently. All of Andy Mays are pretty good I personally thought Tony mayhave pulled some extra nuggets that I had heard before on some of his other podcast.
Primetime

Unread postby Primetime » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:02 am

Pudster wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:
Pudster wrote:
<DK> wrote:Dont overlook some of Bill Winke's early content and the hunting public guy's used to do podcasts on there as well, there is some good info in there. It should be in the archives on his website. Personally I think that is when he was at his best.

I tried to find some of these podcast but i was not able to. Do you have a link, or remember what name it went by?

Used to be on whitetailwatch.com but I think they got rid of that site.

Thanks, I sent a message to Midwest Whitetails inquiring about the podcast archives. I would be interested in giving them a listen.

Give this a try.. Worked for me.

https://podfanatic.com/podcast/whitetai ... ast?page=3
eazyduzit94

Unread postby eazyduzit94 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:18 am

When Eberhart isn't on his Scentlok spiel, he actually has some pretty good stuff. Andy May has been on quite a few recently with some good info for you out of state travelers.
If shooting 130's was a sport, I'd have a gold medal.
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:39 am

Primetime wrote:
Pudster wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:
Pudster wrote:
<DK> wrote:Dont overlook some of Bill Winke's early content and the hunting public guy's used to do podcasts on there as well, there is some good info in there. It should be in the archives on his website. Personally I think that is when he was at his best.

I tried to find some of these podcast but i was not able to. Do you have a link, or remember what name it went by?

Thanks, I sent a message to Midwest Whitetails inquiring about the podcast archives. I would be interested in giving them a listen.

I dont know about your link, it took me to the podcast and then automatically to some media player page, then my computer blew with with virus type bs, I really wanted to listen to these, but not that bad! lol
Primetime

Unread postby Primetime » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:53 am

Pudster wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Pudster wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:
Pudster wrote:

I dont know about your link, it took me to the podcast and then automatically to some media player page, then my computer blew with with virus type bs, I really wanted to listen to these, but not that bad! lol

I have no problem with it at all. goes directly to the page and i can play the episodes. I will delete my original post so this doesnt happen to anyone else if I can.
Primetime

Unread postby Primetime » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:57 am

Primetime wrote:
Pudster wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Pudster wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:
Pudster wrote:

I have no problem with it at all. goes directly to the page and i can play the episodes. I will delete my original post so this doesnt happen to anyone else if I can.

I do not know how to edit and delete the link.. Could an admin please delete the link if it is causing issues?? works fine from my computer and phone but dont want it to mess up anyone else.
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:14 am

Not totally sure what happened there, when I clicked the link it takes me to the podcast but immediately takes me to a site called toomi player. It looked a little sketchy so I tried to close it and then things went crazy on my screen. I was able to shut it down and ran Malwarebytes but it found nothing, I cleared my history and cookies and all seems good again. Might just have been a fluke, but I really dont go to many other sites besides here & mapping sites.
deer365

Unread postby deer365 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:55 am

greenhorndave wrote:
deer365 wrote:

They absolutely have the Beast style of hunting and are just outstanding at picking up subtle things their guests are saying and then following up. About the best let-the-guest-talk-to-asking-questions-and-talking ratio I've encountered.

I agree. Jeff Homan and Josh Driver's episodes really helped me with what I was looking for as far as areas to scout and place trail cameras. Adrian Farley and Mike Perry helped me the most as far as the areas I hunt. Hunt thick, focus on edges and transition, and how to really pay attention to subtle details on where likely bedding areas are going to bed in the areas I hunt. Those guys beat in my head to stay out of the pretty woods. I look back on places I hunted 2 years ago and deserve to have my a** kicked for thinking I'd see a deer there in daylight.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:18 am

Missionshooter wrote:
<DK> wrote:
Missionshooter wrote:

Good point. Hopefully Bowhunter4Life will be on another podcast like WiredToHunt or something like that. I enjoyed hearing his strategy when they allowed him to talk. I believe he has sooooo much more he could cover if given the opportunity. Thanks for posting the links DK!!! Good luck this season!

Hate to tell ya Mission but if Bowhunter4life doesn’t offer to sell a product or is not the face of someone else’s product u aren’t likely to hear from him. Hunting podcasts have turned into the home shopping network. At least to me. Not like there are folks combing America’s woodlots searching for the best of the best. Anyone you hear from is self proclaimed unless they are simply selling non commercialized with how to dvds focused on effort and woodsmanship. That’s why these are so popular compared to Billy Mays hunting Tv.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
trob_205
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertstravisj

Unread postby trob_205 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:14 am

EVERYTIME I listen to Dan I catch another golden nugget. The new series with Truth from the Stand with Dan has been great so far.

That being said there’s too many goods ones to say top 5. I’ve recently started listening to Tony Peterson’s interviews and podcast and he’s got some great insight as well.
Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Unread postby Cchez » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:36 am

Does anyone have any podcast suggestions that pertain to Midwest big woods hunting (like northern MN, WI, MI)? Seems like theres just not a lot out there on that type of terrain.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”