Where you never expect them.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

alleyyooper

Where you never expect them.

Unread postby alleyyooper » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:01 am

Wife is not real happy with the deer here. She has clamatis growing in ther trellis on th eeast wall of the honey house. early she was going out to chase a deer away from eatting on the one at the south east end.

For the last week she has not seen one eatting on her flower but a buck is laying tight up aginest the east wall every afternoon when it is shady cool.

Wife has been going out to strain the honey harvest and bottle some.

Last two days I was walking by my CJ and Truck parked behind the pole barn. A buck has stood up between them and watched the dogs and I walk by just to lay back down.

Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Where you never expect them.

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:43 am

They are funny that way. I was walking the dogs the other day and it was hot so I did a u-turn on this one trail in a rolling meadow. A deer pops up bedded literally 5 yards off the trail. Takes one step, watches us leave and lays back down where it was before. I bet us stopping was the trigger because it probably has dozens of people and dogs walking past every day and doesn’t care as long as the sound doppler effect is present.

Same thing in an alfalfa field the same day... about 50 deer in it while the farmer is out in his tractor turning over the cut hay. They paid him no mind.

They react totally different to having people present vs getting messed with. You weren’t a threat just doing your daily routines.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”