Tents for public hunting.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Re: Tents for public hunting.

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 pm

Btw, it’s uninsulated and basically just a screen tent without the rain fly on top. It got down to 30s at night and 80 during the day when the sun was on camp. I had a klymit sleeping pad and pillow and a 15 degree down mummy style sleeping bag.

How bad do you want it?
Rich M
500 Club

Re: Tents for public hunting.

Unread postby Rich M » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:30 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:With season approaching seems important to discuss what will be our homes in the upcoming weeks. Rather then paying for a expensive hotel for Kentucky this year I finally picked up a Alps Chaos Series that I found cheap on Camofyre to be my bow season home.

What tents do you guys use?

Any tips on how you set yours up and stay comfortable in the heat?

I got a Walmart Ozark Trail Wall Tent for travel trips. Heavy duty with some kind of poly coating on the inside. We used in it CO this past year and it worked good til it was below zero and the heater unable to keep the tent warm. I got a great deal on it. Tent is heavy, about 100# but sets up nice, sturdy, fits 4 cots & gear... Great for truck camping.
1030190705.jpg

Otherwise, I'd make sure to get something my old self can stand in for dressing - wife & I have 4 tents and three are stand up ones, a 4-man Eureka pup tent is the exception.

Living in FL, we have heat more often than cold - a potable battery powered fan works pretty well - electric if at a campground. A cold shower and the fan will let you fall asleep decent.

Tried the tent cot thing and found it wasn't for me. I had a 1-man and it was a coffin, 2 man was better but not by too much. Better than nothing tho.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”