Spypoint Cell Link

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

Re: Spypoint Cell Link

Unread postby Seeker529 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Twenty Up wrote:
Seeker529 wrote:
RookieBeast2019 wrote:Sorry for all the questions. Any issues on the transfers?

I’m reading that some have issues with the SD adopter pushing pictures to the micro SD card and therefore never to the app.

Thanks again!

I should’ve tested mine instead of throwing it out in the field ... my first 4 pics sent to my phone but I suspect the micro sd has a lot more stored to it! The sd transfer cable is actually setup decent but I can see if you use it awhile the wires inside will break eventually

Did you fold the cable up inside the camera so when the door gets closed, it doesn’t pull the SD card out of the camera slot?

I heard this was an issue, there needs to be slack so when the door closes it doesn’t pull the SD card out of the slot slightly

Yea I folded it up in the camera the locked it shut... I won’t know if it’s truly transmitting until Friday when I pull the camera to verify

VaBowKill5

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:53 am

I just ordered 2 of these bad boys. I’m hoping I like them but I’ll know soon enough.
jmickey

Unread postby jmickey » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:39 pm

Just ordered mine. It is on its way.
Seeker529

Unread postby Seeker529 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:16 pm

i will also add that spypoint has a really nice plan setup.. first month is free then every month you get 100 free photos so you dont have to buy into a plan.. if you go over the 100 free the next month youll get another 100 free!
jmickey

Unread postby jmickey » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:25 am

Seeker529 wrote:i will also add that spypoint has a really nice plan setup.. first month is free then every month you get 100 free photos so you dont have to buy into a plan.. if you go over the 100 free the next month youll get another 100 free!

It’s perfect for set ups on trails with not a lot of pics all at once. If you only get a few pics a day thats quick updates and intel that won’t cost any extra.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:10 am

I ordered one today, plan to try it on a Browning camera. If it works well I will be buying more. Really cool concept and if it works it will be very popular.
Seeker529

Unread postby Seeker529 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:44 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:I ordered one today, plan to try it on a Browning camera. If it works well I will be buying more. Really cool concept and if it works it will be very popular.

I’m running mine off a Browning strike force and so far it works really good!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 am

Seeker529 wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:I ordered one today, plan to try it on a Browning camera. If it works well I will be buying more. Really cool concept and if it works it will be very popular.

I’m running mine off a Browning strike force and so far it works really good!

8-)

That's good to hear
hoofdoctor97

Unread postby hoofdoctor97 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:36 am

Has anyone used it yet enough yet to know if the reception on them is as good as the regular spypoint camera as far as signal strength?
TANGS

Unread postby TANGS » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:12 am

hoofdoctor97 wrote:Has anyone used it yet enough yet to know if the reception on them is as good as the regular spypoint camera as far as signal strength?

I set 2 of them out this past week. The signal strength seems to be good and they've been working just fine.... They have seemed to work just as good as the Link Evo which is the only other cell cam I've tried.

Also as a side note, one of the 2 cell links that I originally ordered didn't seem to hook up to the cellular network... I called customer support and walked through the troubleshooting procedure. Once they determined it was defective they ordered an exchange and i had a new one in 2 days! Pretty awesome customer support. :D
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:00 am

I've had one out since 7/1 and have been getting pictures every day. Setup was very simple, little bit of a tight fit closing the latch with the cord running out, but it worked and began sending pictures immediately. Interested to see how long the batteries will last.
BuffaloBill

Unread postby BuffaloBill » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:16 am

Anyone use one of these with the cheap Tasco cameras? I have one and figured i'd save some money getting one of these instead of the Link Micro. Can always upgrade the camera down the road to something better. Would like to put it on my brother's property three hours away or potentially in a well hid spot on public land.
VaBowKill5

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:15 pm

I put one out today and put it on a wild game terra 12 which is $40 at Dick’s. Seems to be working lovely but time will tell.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:26 pm

I’ve had 3 out for almost a week. Not getting pictures on one and only a couple from the other too. According to the app they are communicating with each other but guessing just not good reception for them to send pics. Maybe when the leaves fall it’ll get better. I tested them all before placing them in the woods and they worked great.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:40 am

Forewarning:

The pictures do not get saved to the SD card. Anything not transmitted through the app gets Jeffery Epstein’ed
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”