Could I: EZV-no peep-anchor

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

buttonbuck
500 Club

Could I: EZV-no peep-anchor

Unread postby buttonbuck » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:19 am

I've been shooting instinctive. Its going pretty good, a lot of practice for sure. So I hate the peep and I hate all the pins. Could I throw an EZV on my bow, no peep and hold the same anchor for my instinctive shooting? Sounds like it would work and I would essentially have a drop chart right there.

BuffaloBill

Re: Could I: EZV-no peep-anchor

Unread postby BuffaloBill » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:03 am

I think quite a few people shoot the EZ V without a peep. I believe it's recommended to use one at longer distances though. I recently got an EZ V and I'm still using a peep. But so far I'm liking it. Just need to figure out roughly what speed you're shooting and try the correct insert. May need to go to a slower or faster insert depending on POI. Once you're sighted in at 20 it's just a matter of finding the insert that works for you. It's nice being able to watch my arrow impact the target because there isn't a pin covering it. Definitely feels more instinctual.
Ack

Re: Could I: EZV-no peep-anchor

Unread postby Ack » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:13 am

If you put an EZ-V on your bow then it really isn’t instinctive anymore is it? Anyway, yes it can be done. I shoot with fingers and a sight, no peep or kisser, and do just fine....index finger in the corner of my mouth and string to the tip of my nose. Very repeatable.

I think it’s just ingrained into people’s minds when they go to the shop to buy a bow that they have to buy ALL the stuff.....a release, dropaway, sight, peep, stabilizer, etc.

Don’t let anyone tell you you have to shoot this way or that....do what makes YOU happy. Sometimes you just have to experiment and see what works and what doesn’t.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”