Black eyes and bullseye's.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Cvanheel

Black eyes and bullseye's.

Unread postby Cvanheel » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:05 am

Well with deer season right around the corner I have been starting to amp up my archery practice. Three weeks ago I bit the bullet and bought myself a fancy shiny new bowtech revolt. I was just starting to get it dialed in, and was smoking bullseye's out to 80 yards. Was feeling like a straight up OG a boss the man. I should of known better. Lady karma laughed at me said hold my beer then she did a thing. I was drawing back for a easy 20 yard shot got about 3/4's of the way drawn back, and boom my awesome brand new thumb release slipped out of my sweaty hand shot forward bounced off the roller guard and one of my cables, and bounced back hitting me square in the eye. almost instant black eye. I have a messed up face, messed up bow, a messed up cable, and some messed up pride. Well played karma well played. Anybody else have some comical oops moments?

Dewey

Re: Black eyes and bullseye's.

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:08 am

Oh yeah. :lol:

One time I was practicing and accidentally bumped the trigger on my release just as I hit the hump on my cams right before let off at maximum pull. I punched myself with my release hand that was suddenly flying back at warp speed right in the kisser HARD and bloodied my nose bad. I staggered on my feet almost losing my balance. Think I saw stars for a bit and almost got a TKO but really the only thing hurt was my pride. Just glad it didn’t happen on a deer. :oops:

Oh and my carbon arrow ended up missing the target and hitting a concrete wall. It was destroyed. :doh:
4 the chase

Unread postby 4 the chase » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:17 pm

Yeah, done similar stuff several times. Usually after getting a new release and trying to get the trigger pull juuuuusssst right.
Scott S

Unread postby Scott S » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:22 pm

I had an old caliper release explode on me at 3/4 draw. Punched myself in the face hard and sunk the arrow into the wall of my garage.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”