Genetic killer...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JMAR85

Re: Genetic killer...

Unread postby JMAR85 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:11 am

I agree. I played football in college and find that the two are incomparable. Football was a game I played because it was fun. Hunting is a connection to the outdoors and Gods creation... Hunting is something that you can't explain to someone that doesn't hunt.

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:46 am

It's in everyone's DNA. It's just some of us feel it's pull much stronger. As far as being called a sport. Once regulations, seasons and kill limits, were put in place. Many quit/didn't need to hunt primarily for food any more. It became a recreational pursuit. Only available to participate in at a certain time of year. Some modern writer probably coined the phrase,"sport hunting". And we've been stuck with it. Ever since. And like many of you it's not really a sport to me either. You can't really keep score. We all "play it" differently. Seek enjoyment from it. In different ways and for different reasons.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
druski
Facebook: no on facbook

Unread postby druski » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Sport
It seems sport was used with the original trophy hunter in the safari scene of Africa, South America, etc and by those who then ask if we hunt for sport or for the food while often lumping some in with those who Strictly hunt or even poach for a photo or piece of ivory.
On a lighter side....Guess that’d change what society would envision with the term athlete
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:59 am

Amen! These canines in my mouth didn’t help me a lick hitting a baseball or golf ball. They can tear apart some jerky though!
Strategically Inefficient
mpernest

Unread postby mpernest » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:32 am

Donnie Vincent’s short film, Who We Are

https://youtu.be/fL3gCr2Jr0U
“There is no one else to blame.” -Jocko Willink

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”