Property question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEOHBB

Property question

Unread postby SEOHBB » Thu May 21, 2020 1:17 am

http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYX ... ICu9aG5Cgw

I got access to this ground for my buddy. I hunt a close by family property which ive got a grip on but its too small for two guys. We are flying in from Arizona and trying to get a game plan going. I was wondering if someone could point out any locations that look like they would be good cruising travel corridors for November 1 thru 7, the southern hill is a little different than what im use to hunting, thats why im struggling with getting him locations. Buddy has never hunted Midwest deer and want to give him the best shot possible. Lots of ag on the property to the immediate west.

On a property this size would you reccomend boots on the ground scouting or will it burn it up.

Thanks in advance.

SEOHBB

Re: Property question

Unread postby SEOHBB » Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 am

Its 235 acre piece, ill try and link an aerial due to the western half being large 10 acre field.
SEOHBB

Unread postby SEOHBB » Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 am

ag1zfmhpbGxtYXAtaGRychULEghTYXZlZE1hcBiAgIDO_OWuCgw
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sun May 24, 2020 1:20 am

Looks like LOTS of potential topographic features to exploit. IMO 235 acres is not too small to scout. If I read correctly flying in Nov1 for a week of hunting? Perhaps start with cyber-scouted funnel first a you suspect can double as observation stand and hone in from there with a mid-morning scout to refine sets and work out from there.

Which features to target will depend on wind and food. If you can get a sens of possible food/bedding from cyber scouting do that then play forecasts for likely spots.
SEOHBB

Unread postby SEOHBB » Sun May 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Any locations you see that stick out? I see a couple for various winds but im no expert. Trying to get some ideas.... This property is for my buddy, hes never hunted the midewest and i want to give him the best opportunity possible. We wont be able to scout other than cyber. I agree that a first morning sit will likely be an observation sit and not punch too deep into the ground

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”