Sheds and arrowheads

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

crankn101
500 Club

Sheds and arrowheads

Unread postby crankn101 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:10 pm

I have been walking miles and miles lately looking for arrowheads and hoping to come across some sheds along the way. Well, the arrowhead part has been working out pretty well so far but the sheds have been all but non-existent. That finally changed with a sweet 6 point side on Missouri public ground.

Now I'm worried about managing it for deer hunting but still want to go find those sweet heads.

IMG_20200515_160341683~2.jpg

IMG_20200515_160341683~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Sheds and arrowheads

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:39 pm

I enjoy hunting arrowheads myself. I have the best luck headhunting campsites. In years of doing so it has became apparent creatures camps/beds are in places for reasons. Best buck beds I have ever found are loaded with heads and flint chips. Geographic points both up high and down low, oxbows, natural benches, bends in creeks. I typically hunt arrowheads in the winter immediately following deer season. I also use this time to thoroughly scout. Spring and summer deer around here live in diff areas than they do come fall. If yours are similar then go scoop up them stones my friend. No harm no foul. But come August/Sept u won’t find me stomping through any of those places.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Thu May 21, 2020 4:56 am

That’s a really cool looking antler! Nice finds.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Thu May 21, 2020 6:13 am

I have always wanted to find an arrowhead. Would be even better if found in one of the areas I hunted. Nice find underwater! The shed is sweet but I'd trade just about any sheds I've found for a nice point!
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:27 am

Here’s one of my most prized finds. If u like to hunt whitetails and arrowhead hunt it’s as good as it gets. Atleast for this country bumpkin. A petrified deer antler estimated more than a thousand years old. Happy camper the day I dug it up out of a fire pit.Image
-John Wayne-
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Fri May 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Wow thats neat. Was there any other artifacts in the same fire pit?
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri May 22, 2020 7:54 pm

8-)
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 am

Swamp Stache wrote:Wow thats neat. Was there any other artifacts in the same fire pit?

Yes! Typically when you find a undiscovered fire pit you walk out with a bag full of goodies. Bad news is it’s mostly broke type stuff. My imagination makes me think it’s a lot like deer camp of my childhood. Sitting around sharing tales and throwing stuff in the fire. No need to throw a killer point in the fire. Typically find a lot of broke points, shells, and bones. The best part about a fire pit is you know u landed on a camp. Judging by its size and findings u can generally tell what your working with. Back away from the pit and u generally start finding better stuff, figuring in erosion as well as the drainage.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”