2020 Wisconsin Spring Hearing Results

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

2020 Wisconsin Spring Hearing Results

Unread postby Dewey » Thu May 07, 2020 5:53 am

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: 2020 Wisconsin Spring Hearing Results

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu May 07, 2020 6:26 am

Looks pretty good at a glance.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu May 07, 2020 6:52 am

I see they are still using deceit to portray thing... They claim people voted to keep the antlerless season, but... the question was an ultimatum and if you voted to remove it they would stick you with something worse... Don't see any mention of the ultimatum in there statement that we "want" the holiday hunt.... We really did not have a fair choice.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Thu May 07, 2020 10:48 am

dan wrote:I see they are still using deceit to portray thing... They claim people voted to keep the antlerless season, but... the question was an ultimatum and if you voted to remove it they would stick you with something worse... Don't see any mention of the ultimatum in there statement that we "want" the holiday hunt.... We really did not have a fair choice.

Am I reading it wrong?
It looks to me that it was eliminated?
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Thu May 07, 2020 11:21 am

I participate every year in this, but it appears the dnr and the state will do whatever they want to do regardless of these results.
Jeremy_D

Unread postby Jeremy_D » Thu May 07, 2020 12:17 pm

Pudster wrote:I participate every year in this, but it appears the dnr and the state will do whatever they want to do regardless of these results.

This is only my 1st year paying attention as I just got back into deer hunting after about a 20 year break but man seems to me they'd have to be crazy to go against some of the stuff that was voted down so heavily. Complete disappointment if they do.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu May 07, 2020 12:24 pm

Jeremy_D wrote:
Pudster wrote:I participate every year in this, but it appears the dnr and the state will do whatever they want to do regardless of these results.

This is only my 1st year paying attention as I just got back into deer hunting after about a 20 year break but man seems to me they'd have to be crazy to go against some of the stuff that was voted down so heavily. Complete disappointment if they do.

Amen to that brother.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu May 07, 2020 3:28 pm

KRONIIK wrote:
dan wrote:I see they are still using deceit to portray thing... They claim people voted to keep the antlerless season, but... the question was an ultimatum and if you voted to remove it they would stick you with something worse... Don't see any mention of the ultimatum in there statement that we "want" the holiday hunt.... We really did not have a fair choice.

Am I reading it wrong?

Re-looking at it, looks like your right... We will probably now be stuck with the ultimatum that was hidden at the end of that question.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu May 07, 2020 9:21 pm

dan wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

Am I reading it wrong?

Re-looking at it, looks like your right... We will probably now be stuck with the ultimatum that was hidden at the end of that question.

Here is the actual question:
11. Do you support eliminating the antlerless-only holiday firearm deer season if an additional 10 days of firearm deer hunting will occur after the traditional 9-day season?
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Thu May 07, 2020 11:10 pm

dan wrote:
dan wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

Am I reading it wrong?

Here is the actual question:
11. Do you support eliminating the antlerless-only holiday firearm deer season if an additional 10 days of firearm deer hunting will occur after the traditional 9-day season?

Your original point still stands though.
The questions are misleading and contradictory, and that one in particular is a joke, when read in conjunction with question #10.
Question 10- "Extend the current nine-day firearms season by adding ten days" got voted down by a 3-1 margin.

Edited to add: Maybe they reworded question 11 at some point?
In the link that showed the results the question is simply stated as "Eliminate the antlerless-only firearm season." It doesn't indicate the ultimatum part that was in the original survey.
Screwy State agency at work, no matter how one looks at it.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:31 am

I would like to sit in on the governor's selection process for the dnr heads. Such a blatant joke. Politics really suck. They don’t even try to hide it in this case. What are the odds that the top three couldn't tie a fishing knot or even load a shotgun? Losers....all of them.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri May 08, 2020 12:40 am

matt1336 wrote:I would like to sit in on the governor's selection process for the dnr heads. Such a blatant joke. Politics really suck. They don’t even try to hide it in this case. What are the odds that the top three couldn't tie a fishing knot or even load a shotgun? Losers....all of them.

Agreed. Some of these positions (DNR in particular) should be elected. Now, I’m not sure it would solve the problem, but it would at least give a better chance to have someone in the position that knows the job rather than some generic bureaucrat.
----------
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Fri May 08, 2020 11:07 am

Jeremy_D wrote:

...snip...seems to me they'd have to be crazy to go against some of the stuff that was voted down so heavily. ...snip...

Any bets?
It should be interesting to see how it plays out over the summer.
Lots of Big Ag and Auto Insurance money in the game.
Jeremy_D

Unread postby Jeremy_D » Sat May 09, 2020 1:58 pm

KRONIIK wrote:
Jeremy_D wrote:

...snip...seems to me they'd have to be crazy to go against some of the stuff that was voted down so heavily. ...snip...

Any bets?
It should be interesting to see how it plays out over the summer.
Lots of Big Ag and Auto Insurance money in the game.

Disappointed to think about these truths

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”