P&Y private bucks VS P&Y public bucks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SWLA Deerhunter

Re: P&Y private bucks VS P&Y public bucks

Unread postby SWLA Deerhunter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Jdw wrote:
SWLA Deerhunter wrote:You can't buy them on public

I would say instead of $$$ you pay for them in time, effort and work.

So I guess that I need to clarify things also. I've been here awhile myself and although I don't post much I get on the forum very regularly. I read a lot on here and also apply alot. This site and Dan's DVD's have allowed me to take my hunting to the next level. When I read the post about the rich man and public I stated "you can't buy them on public". I assumed that the rich guys wall was a product of guided hunts. Nothing else. I my state it is illegal to guide on any public land. With that I do hunt some private land and lots of public. I just got finished getting my rear end kicked on public hunting thunder chickens today . Everything that I kill is paid for by sweat equity. My home state allows baiting on private. I chose not to. I could hunt over food plots I chose not to. I could go on a guided hunt every year if i wanted to.. i chose not to.. I've been at this game for 25 years and killed my 1st deer on public land that many years ago. The original post was probably meant to stir the pot but I doubt it was meant to cause a divide amongst members on the site. With that i don't knock what anyone is doing as long as it's legal. Kill them however you want to as long it's a legal method. My satisfaction comes playing the game and matching wits with in my opinion the greatest game animal in North America. So just to be clear and not upset anyone in my home state the rich guy can't hire a guide on public land. So he'll have t o earn it with sweat, time , patience and the most lethal weapon in our his brain.

1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Some people definitely downplay private land bucks. I’d be lyin if I said I never have. We all know that one guy or one family that is sitting on some magical ground. They can’t read sign, they have a box blind and a big pile, they shoot big bucks. It’s rarely that easy. I know far more guys that have ground I wouldn’t even set up on once throughout a season if I had the run of it all. Truth of the matter is a large majority of private land (at least where I’ve lived) is not better than a lot of public. A lot is honestly worse. Due to either too many guys hunting it, lack of cover, or lack of terrain features.

If you’re in private land that is flat open maple park like woods.. pretty common here.. Insert fart noise here

If you’re in private land thats flat and has no edge. Insert fart noise here

My dad got permission for a 40 last yr and the people that had permission from the previous owners came to get their blinds. All 8 of them.. 8 guys on 40 acres. You gonna hild deer in that parcel? insert fart noise here

Personally I’ll take em wherever I can legally get em :lol:
I’ve spent 6 hours packing a 200lb buck out, used my boats before.. and that was all cool and “bragable” but I liked the ones I could get a vehicle within 100 yds of too :D
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
SWLA Deerhunter

Unread postby SWLA Deerhunter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:10 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”