Levi Morgan's 4-part Target Panic series

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Levi Morgan's 4-part Target Panic series

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:47 pm

This looks cool.

Part 1

https://youtu.be/t2ROQSBOgiY

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Levi Morgan's 4-part Target Panic series

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:16 pm

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:33 am

Thanks for posting these. I've enjoyed watching them so far. I've struggled with target panic off and on and after watching these videos maybe a little more often than I thought.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:42 am

I'm afraid to watch them. I got my target panic under control many years ago and afraid by watching them it might creep back in my mind again. :lol:
Tribute80

Unread postby Tribute80 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:48 pm

I have had target panic in the past. Never heard of it until I went to shoot some 3d targets with my buddies about 10 years ago. The type I had was worse then the freezing under or above the spot. When my pin would get near the spot I would feel like I got hit by lightning that resulted in very hard jerk. This is how I Troubleshot it and what I did to Make it better. It tries to creep back in if I don't shoot for long periods of time.

I went to my buddy house where I shot regularly. I decided I would draw the bow and he would release the arrow (after I signaled I was on target) it could be after 1 second or after 10 seconds or he could not fire at all and have me let down. He would stand to the back right to where he could reach the release but i couldnt see him. This is how it went for the first 20 shots or so. I would draw with my finger out of the way of the trigger on top or behind. Once the pin would get on target my body would jerk so hard I would almost drop the bow. I would get on target and he would trigger the release. After the worse 20ish shots it finally got better, each shot would be less and less until finally no lightning feeling. Then We shot a series of 100ish shots with him releasing the arrow at different times or having me let down. After this night of shooting I could tell if i was making good shots or target panic would start. When it starts I do a series of drawing aiming and letting down. I don't think its something that will ever go completely away but with good discipline its something that can be kept under control. If you think you have a form of target panic try this you'll know right away. Hope this helps.
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:51 pm

Thanks. I will check them out
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:52 am

Yes been watching these too. I’ve been doing a lot better with this over last couple years but great to hear that even a world class shooter has had issues with target panic .
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Thanks, Dave! I enjoyed these, too. Levi has a knack for breaking things down and explaining them well. Natural teacher. Good stuff!
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”