Wisconsin DNR trying to change our gun seasons...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Wisconsin DNR trying to change our gun seasons...

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:31 pm

dan wrote:
Dewey wrote:
tundra@1 wrote:I see that they want to end Predator hunts....NO also Scott Bestul is worried you might shoot his buck next year and wants a one buck rule, based on no science Please vote NO........... GET OFF YOU AND VOTE

I didn't see a question about ending predator hunts or a one buck rule. :?

He was probably looking at rules submitted for his county on those questions.

Not sure if it was on everyone’s, but I had one that would limit coyotes to season dates like fox, rather than the year-round bounty on their heads.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:42 pm

dan wrote:
Dewey wrote:
tundra@1 wrote:I see that they want to end Predator hunts....NO also Scott Bestul is worried you might shoot his buck next year and wants a one buck rule, based on no science Please vote NO........... GET OFF YOU AND VOTE

I didn't see a question about ending predator hunts or a one buck rule. :?

He was probably looking at rules submitted for his county on those questions.

Your right. I thought about that after I posted.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:05 am

The wording on some of those questions was something. Sure seemed designed to be passed along to non-hunters and guide them on how to vote...
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:09 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Dewey wrote:Done. Really interested to see the results on this. A few questions left no choice other than a "no comment". No way I could vote no for a longer gun season yet agree to allow the antlerless seasons. What kind of question was that? Both are really bad herd management when applied statewide.

Yeah, some of those were terribly worded questions.

Voted this morning and agree, most of those questions were horribly written!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:26 am

How to rig a question... Use favorable wording to show the way the you want the question answered. Word the question with positives like "improve" "opportunity" "favor"

10. Do you favor improving firearm deer hunting opportunities by extending the season to run for 19 consecutive days beginning on the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving?
tbowers

Unread postby tbowers » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:59 am

I believe how many of the questions were written would be considering 'leading questions' in a court.

It was pretty laughable - the main question on the survey states 'Do you favor improving firearm deer hunting opportunities by extending the season to run for 19 consecutive days beginning on the saturday prior to thanksgiving?'
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:14 am

Hard not to feel like there may be a bias against bow hunters on a political level in the moment.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:38 am

Kraftd wrote:Hard not to feel like there may be a bias against VERTICAL-BOW bowhunters on a political level in the moment.

Fixed it for you.

I just finished voting and now need to go and take another shower.
My County had a couple thinly-disguised anti-hunting questions toward the end as well as a Global-Warming one introduced by some crackpot.

Sheesh!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:50 am

Kraftd wrote:Hard not to feel like there may be a bias against bow hunters on a political level in the moment.

It seems to me like misguided individuals are blaming a relative lack of big deer on bowhunters (especially crossbow) when they should really be focused on trying to build a better herd. Tons of counties are about herd reduction which is NOT how you grown a bigger and more vibrant herd. The people trying to restrict bowhunting are focusing on the wrong thing.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:27 am

KRONIIK wrote:
Kraftd wrote:Hard not to feel like there may be a bias against VERTICAL-BOW bowhunters on a political level in the moment.

Fixed it for you.

My County had a couple thinly-disguised anti-hunting questions toward the end as well as a Global-Warming one introduced by some crackpot.

Sheesh!

I had to make another pot of coffee just to get through it!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:27 am

Net Guy wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Sheesh!

:lol:
----------
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:21 am

Net Guy wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Sheesh!

I added rum chata to mine :whistle:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Lu Rome

Unread postby Lu Rome » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:07 am

dan wrote:How to rig a question... Use favorable wording to show the way the you want the question answered. Word the question with positives like "improve" "opportunity" "favor"

10. Do you favor improving firearm deer hunting opportunities by extending the season to run for 19 consecutive days beginning on the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving?

Those are beyond horrible. :shock: :doh:
“Curiosity never killed the cat. The cat died from stupidity, or maybe an overdose of mice.” -The Old Man
Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:01 am

It’s crazy how year after year they try making WI less enjoyable for outdoors enthusiasts here.

Our DNR is most definitely in bed with the insurance companies. That’s why they blow CWD way out of proportion and try to eradicate the state’s herd.

On the plus side, of the 80 or so people I’ve personally talked to along with hundreds of others who’ve commented online, I haven’t seen a single person be in favor of the extended gun season.
How bad do you want it?
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:08 am

Marshbuster89 wrote:It’s crazy how year after year they try making WI less enjoyable for outdoors enthusiasts here.

Our DNR is most definitely in bed with the insurance companies. That’s why they blow CWD way out of proportion and try to eradicate the state’s herd.

On the plus side, of the 80 or so people I’ve personally talked to along with hundreds of others who’ve commented online, I haven’t seen a single person be in favor of the extended gun season.

Exactly.

I mean, I could have worded Question 10 as follows:

“Do you favor abandoning decades of nine-day gun deer season tradition beloved by so many to establish a 19-day season?”
Last edited by greenhorndave on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
----------

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”