PA extends archery season until Nov 20

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Josh_S
500 Club

PA extends archery season until Nov 20

Unread postby Josh_S » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:21 am

Well this was a pleasant surprise! The final 2020-2021 season approval became official as of yesterday's PGC board meeting. Good job PA Game Commission. And to think I was excited about getting one Sunday to hunt, now we get an extended week! This was a big win for PA bow hunters.

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-Com ... newsid=381

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlered and Antlerless) Statewide: Oct. 3-Nov. 14; Sunday, Nov. 15; Nov. 16-20 and Dec. 26-Jan. 18, 2021. One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license or permit.

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: PA extends archery season until Nov 20

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:02 am

Congrats! I like to see bowhunters win
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:04 am

Josh_S wrote:Well this was a pleasant surprise! The final 2020-2021 season approval became official as of yesterday's PGC board meeting. Good job PA Game Commission. And to think I was excited about getting one Sunday to hunt, now we get an extended week! This was a big win for PA bow hunters.

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-Com ... newsid=381

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlered and Antlerless) Statewide: Oct. 3-Nov. 14; Sunday, Nov. 15; Nov. 16-20 and Dec. 26-Jan. 18, 2021. One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license or permit.

I am completely surprised and impressed by this! In jan they said they were going to have the biologists do an impact study on extending the season. I can honestly say that Pa has been doing alot for hunters in the past few years, mentorship program, sunday hunting, crossbows, APR's, longer archery seasons, 2nd turkey tag, dmap availability, saturday rifle opener, muzzy bear season, no flo orange for hunters not hunting with a firearm, gamelands acquisitions and probably more that I cant think of right now... I know that there are alot of things that need fixed still but we can bow say that we have more opportunities than the previous generations, heck even more than when I started hunting 17 years ago... I'm proud to be a PA hunter, and can not wait to get all of my kids involved with the outdoors!!
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
PaPublicLandHunter

Unread postby PaPublicLandHunter » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:14 pm

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this. I couldn’t stand how on some years the bow season ended on like the 11th or 12th.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:16 am

No way. So does this mean it runs right up to bear season?

I may have to get back up to PA this fall.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:25 am

PK_ wrote:No way. So does this mean it runs right up to bear season?

I may have to get back up to PA this fall.

Yes deer archery ends Friday Nov 20, with Bear rife starting Saturday Nov 21. You can now hunt Sunday Nov 22 for bear, when previously you could not hunt on Sunday. Come on up.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”