Smartest Buck in the History of America

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

AndreSaavedra

Smartest Buck in the History of America

Unread postby AndreSaavedra » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:31 am

b rub.jpg

We saw this rub while scouting today and we decided we can't hunt this buck because he is smarter than half the country.

I do have a question, the shafins on the ground indicate that this is a fresh rub, it's 3/1/2020 and we are in NC, their is no way the shafins would not have blown away. I thought rubbing was a rutting behavior, your comment is appreciated. Thank You.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

backstraps

Re: Smartest Buck in the History of America

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:48 pm

:clap:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:01 pm

He should be easily to identify ;)
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:59 pm

AndreSaavedra wrote:b rub.jpg
We saw this rub while scouting today and we decided we can't hunt this buck because he is smarter than half the country.

I do have a question, the shafins on the ground indicate that this is a fresh rub, it's 3/1/2020 and we are in NC, their is no way the shafins would not have blown away. I thought rubbing was a rutting behavior, your comment is appreciated. Thank You.

Now that you’ve released this (vulgar, hateful, offensive and russian... whooo(south park voice)) photo, the politicians who now “identify“ as DNR biologists will recommend a CWD cull in this area. A 100% cull off all deer within a 100 mile radius. And impeachment hearings for the Russian stooge game warden that allowed this excess carbon footprint. Whoooo ( south park voice).... whoooo
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:45 am

Bucks will rub just about the whole time they are hard-horned, though most of it is focused around the rut. That said, the shavings can stick around for quite a while. I've had may cases of noting them a month later on rubs I've previously checked out. Point is, hard to tell, could certainly have been recent...or not.
AndreSaavedra

Unread postby AndreSaavedra » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:59 am

Kraftd wrote:

Bucks will rub just about the whole time they are hard-horned, though most of it is focused around the rut. That said, the shavings can stick around for quite a while. I've had may cases of noting them a month later on rubs I've previously checked out. Point is, hard to tell, could certainly have been recent...or not.

Thank you, I was beginning to think my serious question might not get answered.
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:14 am

Thats a good one

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”