Bummed - Double tear in rotator cuff

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hcooper84

Re: Bummed - Double tear in rotator cuff

Unread postby hcooper84 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:35 am

I have had my right labrum repaired. I tore it almost 360 degrees, had it fixed then slightly re-tore it again. My left one probably has some tearing as well (years of football). After your surgery/ies they will probably immediately begin therapy.

The best advice I can give is that after you finish therapy and feel somewhat normal again. CONTINUE DOING THE EXERCISES.

I never had another surgery to repair it the second time. I just continue to do some of the exercises here and there. I am young and workout, but the band exercises they will give you anyone can do.

You can buy a set of bands similar to what they will have you use for 10-20 bucks on amazon or whatever website you choose to use. Some you dont need equipment just resistance like a wall.

The exercises will probably be difficult to do right now considering the damage you have said you have, but sometimes they can be used to prevent surgery.

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:11 pm

hcooper84 wrote:I have had my right labrum repaired. I tore it almost 360 degrees, had it fixed then slightly re-tore it again. My left one probably has some tearing as well (years of football). After your surgery/ies they will probably immediately begin therapy.

The best advice I can give is that after you finish therapy and feel somewhat normal again. CONTINUE DOING THE EXERCISES.

I never had another surgery to repair it the second time. I just continue to do some of the exercises here and there. I am young and workout, but the band exercises they will give you anyone can do.

You can buy a set of bands similar to what they will have you use for 10-20 bucks on amazon or whatever website you choose to use. Some you dont need equipment just resistance like a wall.

The exercises will probably be difficult to do right now considering the damage you have said you have, but sometimes they can be used to prevent surgery.

Good advice. They say I will be mostly healed & good to go after a few months, but they either don't hunt or don't hunt like I do. There is no way I'm going at it in only 12 weeks. From what I have been hearing it will probably be 11 months before I feel like 100%. Even then I will probably lighten up on how strenuous my hunts are. Which will probably cut way down on my shot opportunities.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
comeback_kid

Unread postby comeback_kid » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:05 pm

That’s a major bummer. Sorry to hear it’s happening at such a terrible time.

I have had pain in my drawing shoulder for some time now, I can’t figure out what it is, though I believe it’s related to drawing my bow. To strengthen my shoulder, I bought one of those training bands were you draw back and hold the resistance. However, I think that aggravated it even more as it’s been hurting more recently . It’s not like I can’t pull back, but afterwards I have this dull sometimes aching pain in my shoulder. Is that what you had?
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:22 pm

comeback_kid wrote:That’s a major bummer. Sorry to hear it’s happening at such a terrible time.

I have had pain in my drawing shoulder for some time now, I can’t figure out what it is, though I believe it’s related to drawing my bow. To strengthen my shoulder, I bought one of those training bands were you draw back and hold the resistance. However, I think that aggravated it even more as it’s been hurting more recently . It’s not like I can’t pull back, but afterwards I have this dull sometimes aching pain in my shoulder. Is that what you had?

I got that kind of aching from my torn upper bicep tendon, but on the side of my upper arm. I would get it checked out. You don't want to make things worse or make it so you can't draw your bow as you get older because you didn't take care of it when you should have. Better safe than sorry.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”