Moving assault cables outside

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Southern Buck

Moving assault cables outside

Unread postby Southern Buck » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:56 pm

Has anyone ever moved their lw assault cables to the outside of the platform in order to create a little more standing space? Would it be safe, or am I just asking for an accident?

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
elk yinzer
500 Club

Re: Moving assault cables outside

Unread postby elk yinzer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Leverage is a powerful force multiplier. I'd be extremely cautious if you don't understand the physics behind what you're doing.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:43 pm

Moving them to the outside won’t gain you much, maybe 3/8-1/2” total. Where you probably get the most cable squeeze is when you put the seat up, and stand closer to the back of the stand. I have made some 1” spacers out of some 1” dia. Poly like material for both sides of the seat tube. I also got a longer grade 8 bolt for the upper cable mounts. I haven’t had any issues with it, been running it this way since 2007. I’m 200lbs + gear.

But yes, you do need to think it thru and as elk mentioned, you are taking things into your own hands. Always wear a harness and inspect your gear, mod’d or not.
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Southern Buck wrote:Has anyone ever moved their lw assault cables to the outside of the platform in order to create a little more standing space? Would it be safe, or am I just asking for an accident?

I hook my foot between the cable and platform, I feel like I have better control.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”