Mario VS. the dogs

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Mario VS. the dogs

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:56 pm

I always find it interesting to read the comments under the video. I remove most of the hateful ones, but still a lot of people felt we were bashing coyote hound hunting. Interesting they could get that out of the last 2 videos... I think if anything it showed how tolerant we we were to this guy and his dogs... Good news is, no dogs on the next video, just me vs the public.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:44 pm

I had a trapper check is traps and walk right by me. He said sorry so he atleast apologized and i never saw him again. I wasnt happy about it but he seemed sincere so i was nice back. I never shot anything that day but did see deer. Congratulations to Mario for what could have been a disaster!
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:10 am

Great job Mario! I've joined coyote hound hunters in the past and their dogs don't leave the truck until they cut a fresh coyote track, much different experience than how this guy is hunting letting his hounds run wild. Will you address this with the conversatory for next year? Did you weigh this doe, 150lbs dressed would be huge.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:29 am

purebowhunting wrote:Great job Mario! I've joined coyote hound hunters in the past and their dogs don't leave the truck until they cut a fresh coyote track, much different experience than how this guy is hunting letting his hounds run wild. Will you address this with the conversatory for next year? Did you weigh this doe, 150lbs dressed would be huge.

Doe didnt get weighed. But it was huge. I reported the hounds and was told I should of busted the guy when I caught him on the property. But really, it's not my property and I was never given instruction other than be nice to everyone you run across. Seems like they are after the guy. I would personally just tell him to wait till deer hunting is over and to try and control his dogs better. But apparently, and unknown to me they have been having issues with this guy for a while and he already got a warning from the sherriff
Coyote Brown

Unread postby Coyote Brown » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:00 am

Dan
you mentioned the squirrel chirping. Last season i was in a tree and about 3 mins to close i heard a LOUD wap, sounded like a cannonball in the water. I thought at first, there must be another hunter on the other side of the swamp, maybe he fell walking out early. Well i thought about it a bit and now am possitive it was a beaver. Do you think its posible that beaver was sounding off a deers passage? Or am i being optimistic. I didnt see deer and didnt have line of sight on the beaver either of course thats how it goes
Thanks
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:16 am

Some of those comments kill me.....I'm going to trespass all of next season and when caught I'll use the argument you can't attack fellow hunters, we must stick together :lol: :lol: :lol:
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:21 am

I still don’t get the method in that coyote hunter’s madness. What, is he hoping to tree one?? :doh:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:04 am

Congrats Mario. Way to keep a positive attitude despite some real frustrating circumstances. :clap:
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:56 am

Another good video and good messages...from sticking it out through the crap times....to waiting for the right shot...to paying attention to mother nature.

Ive heard bluejays mentioned a bunch. This season I paid attention to them. Heard them making a bunch of noise out of nowhere one day. I looked that direction and sure enough, a shooter was heading my way.

Years back, I was hunting an apple orchard early in the season. I had 2 small bucks in front of me munching on apples. They had no idea I was there. A big ole fox squirrel about jumped on me and it started barking. Those bucks, although only 1.5yo dropped their apples and snuck out of there in a hurry. I was actually amazed at how fast they left. Taught me a lesson for sure.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:58 am

Somehow I think the message about that hound hunter got crossed. Some of that could of been cause of heated discussions under the video in the comments. The worst ones I removed. Neither me, nor Mario dislike hound hunters, I have friends who are hound hunters. I have been on hound hunts. As a matter of fact, we both feel sorry for the old guy just trying to hunt coyotes. My comment about him waiting till after bow season is more in regards to the fact that he is tresspassing and hunting where he shouldn't. He has a little tiny property he is hunting on, and all the surrounding properties are manged for deer hunting. Certain sections do have a lot of coyotes, and I could care less if he killed them on that property when I am done there. The conservancy has strict rules, I would be kicked out and never allowed back if I shot a coyote there while deer hunting even though its legal to shoot them anytime there (by law). I follow the rules, and could of shot coyotes many times, but its against property rules. No animals other than deer can be shot. I cannot even carry my concealed protection firearm... This guy knows all that and goes where ever he want's and does what ever he wants. Where the dogs were filmed is 2 or 3 properties from where he is allowed to hunt. Last year the local church preacher grabbed one of the dogs off his property and called all the land owners together and the sheriff and asked that charges finally get pressed against the guy. The old guy is a friend of the sheriff and he begged all of them to drop the charges and they did, with a promise from the sheriff he would not be trespassing any more. Well, again he is back... Me and Mario both don't mind coyote hunting, and both just want him to follow the laws. The conservancy is livid cause Im not going to continue to donate hundreds of dollars, and weeks of hard labor for hunting rights if our hunts we earned are interrupted. In the end, its no difference when we film and show an illegal stand on public land... that don't mean I hate bow hunters, simply means Im saying follow the rules guys... All the hate your seeing in the comments, is not from me, nor is it from Mario... We just filmed a couple hunts and talked about the issues we had....

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”