WI Hunters.. Thoughts?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: WI Hunters.. Thoughts?

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:00 am

mag1 wrote:They must be smoking some weed of some sort.

Really, this is getting ridiculous. Go back to the way it was in the 80’s. Maybe the heard will rebuild. My youngest is starting next year, and in reality, I’m not sure if she will be all that interested. Every time I have had her out, we never see a deer. And I’m in the NE part if the state where we have an extended season this year. I’m on public, yet the sign is on the slimmer side. Deer are around, but not like they should be.

I would go back to a simple 9!day gun, archery as it is. All these extra gun hunts do only one thing. Push the deer to nocturnal from mid sept to the end of season.

Your last paragraph nails it. Is it really that hard? My word, the bureaucrats can never seem to simplify things, only complicate them.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:26 am

greenhorndave wrote:

Really, this is getting ridiculous. Go back to the way it was in the 80’s. Maybe the heard will rebuild. My youngest is starting next year, and in reality, I’m not sure if she will be all that interested. Every time I have had her out, we never see a deer. And I’m in the NE part if the state where we have an extended season this year. I’m on public, yet the sign is on the slimmer side. Deer are around, but not like they should be.

I would go back to a simple 9!day gun, archery as it is. All these extra gun hunts do only one thing. Push the deer to nocturnal from mid sept to the end of season.

Your last paragraph nails it. Is it really that hard? My word, the bureaucrats can never seem to simplify things, only complicate them.

Our current hunting regulations book is proof of that. Compared to most states it’s insane how complicated they make things here. You almost need to be a lawyer to figure it all out and you still might be unknowingly breaking a law. I have seen so many older hunters give up hunting just because they can’t understand all the regs anymore. Just when you think you figure it out they change it all again. How hard is it to make things simple and easy to understand? Seems every year they come up with some idiotic idea and then throw it up against the wall and see what sticks.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:46 am

Dewey wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

Our current hunting regulations book is proof of that. Compared to most states it’s insane how complicated they make things here. You almost need to be a lawyer to figure it all out and you still might be unknowingly breaking a law. I have seen so many older hunters give up hunting just because they can’t understand all the regs anymore. Just when you think you figure it out they change it all again. How hard is it to make things simple and easy to understand? Seems every year they come up with some idiotic idea and then throw it up against the wall and see what sticks.

No doubt.

Where's the check box for "You're making the solutions worse than the problem?"

Or even better yet, "What is the problem you are trying to solve?"

Don't ask for answers without providing context. :roll:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:37 am

Man. And I thought I was stupid. Sure feel a lot smarter after reading those ideas.

Can make it really simple. Cut doe tags across the state and even more so in areas with higher amounts of public land. Go to the 9 day gun season and no more gun hunting outside of that. Heck even bring back the green plastic tags and make us all go to registration stations during gun season. That was the coolest part of gun season as a kid was going to the bar to see all the deer every night.

Increase the herd. Never heard anybody complain about seeing deer on public.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
peteherbst

Unread postby peteherbst » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:46 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Dewey wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

No doubt.

Where's the check box for "You're making the solutions worse than the problem?"

Or even better yet, "What is the problem you are trying to solve?"

Don't ask for answers without providing context. :roll:

“What is the problem is the DNR trying to solve?” That’s what I’ve been asking myself. I feel like a larger herd and more encounters would retain/bring in new hunters.

But I believe the “kill kill kill” mentality all stems back to CWD which it seems no one knows any answers to.
“You have to pay your dues”
Nmann707

Unread postby Nmann707 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:53 am

Can someone post the phone number and/or the email we can use to get our point across on all of the ridiculous "iedas" these brilliant politicians are coming up with?
If someone can post the phone number and email I will call them every single day and write 2 emails every day. I feel like the only way to get our voice heard is to bound together on this... This is serious tradition and herd management guidelines they are throwing around.
PublicLand_HitMann
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Seems like it's more than 19 days the way it is. 9 day gun, then muzzleloader, then doe season then holiday hunt. Cant shoot a buck with archery equipment without wearing orange until January. It's a joke the way it is
RDubs44

Unread postby RDubs44 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:21 am

MN is turning into a complicated regulated book as well. Especially, w the CWD in SE MN.
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:05 am

I'm having deja vu over here in Michigan...
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”