CWD

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whi52873

Re: CWD

Unread postby whi52873 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:10 am

HBTim wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Findian wrote:Scientists have discovered that fear creates money.

I was just going to make a comment similar to this. Somewhere somebody is getting rich off all this CWD stuff. As long as there is money to be made off it the propaganda will support it and spread the fear.

Oh, so it's just a conspiracy? I thought we were beyond that by now. Who is the somebody? Where is the somewhere? Why are people trying to make up fantastic stories to explain all of this when the probable explanation is so much simpler? I hunt in the worst-affected areas of Wyoming, and there is nothing fantastic about this.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy either.....but with all the rules/regulations they put in place where CWD originated (Colorodo/Wyoming) it hasn't seemed to help regardless.

All CWD samples taken from Arkansas are sent to some sophisticated lab in Colorado for testing since we apparently don't have the proper tools to test the samples ourselves......that's why it takes 6-8 months to get results back. The Game and Fish also tell us not to eat the meat until the results are in....so you're telling me I have to wait 6-8 months to eat the deer I killed? No thanks. No telling how much money that lab makes just to test those samples.....

whi52873

Unread postby whi52873 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:21 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
whi52873 wrote:Back in 1981, volunteers hauled the first load of elk from Colorado/Nebraska to the Ozark mountains in Arkansas. They say we have roughly 700 elk living in the state as of 2018.

In February of 2016, CWD was discovered in Arkansas for the first time in Whitetail deer and the blame was immediately put on the elk herd which I believe to be true. The Elk herd is concentrated in only 4 counties within Arkansas.

Here is where it gets insane in my opinion:
• Since 2016, only 748 deer have tested positive for CWD in Arkansas.
• 700 (94%) of the 748 have come from the 4 counties I mentioned above that contain our elk herd.
• The Arkansas Game and Fish have listed a total of 19 surrounding counties (the entire NW portion of Arkansas) as "CWD Management Zones" - This means you can't use natural scents/lures, No antler restrictions, bag limits have been increased, & you cannot bait deer with corn, etc.
• For those 19 counties, deer harvest have totaled 271,721 since 2016.
• A total of 23,050 deer have been tested for CWD since 2016 which is roughly 9% of total harvest in these CWD zones - a pretty dang good sample size if you ask me.

If I did my math correctly, this means that .28% of deer harvested in the "CWD Management Zones" have tested positive for CWD.....emphasis on the decimal in front of the 2. Not even half of one percent.

So for just under half of the state, the Arkansas Game and Fish is saying we can't use any natural scents/lures, they have taken away all antler restrictions, increased the bag limits, and made it illegal to bait deer. Because 748 deer have tested positive since 2016.......

The Arkansas Game and Fish started this hysteria back in 2016 and have pretty brainwashed the public saying it's a crisis and our deer herd is in jeopardy. That's all you hear about.....people asking why are the harvest numbers down this year? "It has to be CWD"......no it's not CWD....not even close. CWD is so over-hyped and people believe what they hear in the media but refuse to look at the actual data.

All of these BS rules are put in place by the AGFC saying it will help the deer herd but it's only going to hurt the age structure of bucks, decrease deer populations, and hurt hunter participation.

Anybody else agree that this is insane? Do any of you have similar issues in your state?

Evil created cwd to reduce food sources in time of hardship.
Control the food sources control the people.
The same reason cwd was first tested in Colorado was because it was a state with many game species. This may seem tinfoil hat but cwd was made to be a weapon.

They are not interested in saving wildlife at all or they would be taking a different direction. Cwd virus was made in a laboratory I'd bet on it.

Notice states could have put the cwd infected into incinerator and put ashes in giant sealed boxes burying it deep in the earth to try to reduce spread. But instead they choose to kill the entire population without trying other steps.

Funny that cwd had never existed before the 1960s. Its human made just like the aids virus.

CWD originated by the Colorodo Department of wildlife in 1967 in the form of a virus called "Scrapie". They injected it into Mule deer as an experiment. The mule deer got out of their big high fence enclosure and the disease spread to all types of wildlife (mainly sheep). It was absolutely created and started in a lab.
bowtechjim

Unread postby bowtechjim » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:53 am

whi52873 wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
whi52873 wrote:Back in 1981, volunteers hauled the first load of elk from Colorado/Nebraska to the Ozark mountains in Arkansas. They say we have roughly 700 elk living in the state as of 2018.

In February of 2016, CWD was discovered in Arkansas for the first time in Whitetail deer and the blame was immediately put on the elk herd which I believe to be true. The Elk herd is concentrated in only 4 counties within Arkansas.

• 700 (94%) of the 748 have come from the 4 counties I mentioned above that contain our elk herd.
• The Arkansas Game and Fish have listed a total of 19 surrounding counties (the entire NW portion of Arkansas) as "CWD Management Zones" - This means you can't use natural scents/lures, No antler restrictions, bag limits have been increased, & you cannot bait deer with corn, etc.
• A total of 23,050 deer have been tested for CWD since 2016 which is roughly 9% of total harvest in these CWD zones - a pretty dang good sample size if you ask me.

If I did my math correctly, this means that .28% of deer harvested in the "CWD Management Zones" have tested positive for CWD.....emphasis on the decimal in front of the 2. Not even half of one percent.

So for just under half of the state, the Arkansas Game and Fish is saying we can't use any natural scents/lures, they have taken away all antler restrictions, increased the bag limits, and made it illegal to bait deer. Because 748 deer have tested positive since 2016.......

The Arkansas Game and Fish started this hysteria back in 2016 and have pretty brainwashed the public saying it's a crisis and our deer herd is in jeopardy. That's all you hear about.....people asking why are the harvest numbers down this year? "It has to be CWD"......no it's not CWD....not even close. CWD is so over-hyped and people believe what they hear in the media but refuse to look at the actual data.

All of these BS rules are put in place by the AGFC saying it will help the deer herd but it's only going to hurt the age structure of bucks, decrease deer populations, and hurt hunter participation.

Anybody else agree that this is insane? Do any of you have similar issues in your state?

The same reason cwd was first tested in Colorado was because it was a state with many game species. This may seem tinfoil hat but cwd was made to be a weapon.

They are not interested in saving wildlife at all or they would be taking a different direction. Cwd virus was made in a laboratory I'd bet on it.

Notice states could have put the cwd infected into incinerator and put ashes in giant sealed boxes burying it deep in the earth to try to reduce spread. But instead they choose to kill the entire population without trying other steps.

Funny that cwd had never existed before the 1960s. Its human made just like the aids virus.

CWD originated by the Colorodo Department of wildlife in 1967 in the form of a virus called "Scrapie". They injected it into Mule deer as an experiment. The mule deer got out of their big high fence enclosure and the disease spread to all types of wildlife (mainly sheep). It was absolutely created and started in a lab.

You got a source on this?

I'd like to read it.
whi52873

Unread postby whi52873 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:58 am

bowtechjim wrote:
whi52873 wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

I'd like to read it.

Just google "1967 Scrapie in Mule Deer".....it was study done in 2006 or 2009 I believe. See if the link below works.....

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/104063870601800606
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:04 am

whi52873 wrote:
bowtechjim wrote:
whi52873 wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

I'd like to read it.

Just google "1967 Scrapie in Mule Deer".....it was study done in 2006 or 2009 I believe. See if the link below works.....

Very interesting. :think:
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:30 am

whi52873 wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

They claim escaped still doesn't explain why it was created to test on mule deer to began with.

Noones going to admit they made, were part of creating or testing a horrible virus and let it loose intentionally to see what would happen.

Why choose to create a weapon to reduce wildlife when populations at that time were so low and not a threat to be overpopulated.

Knowing that cwd was so active in colorado out of all the states to get elk from to reintroduce into other eastern states why choose Colorado. It was intentional in my opinion to spread the disease.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:37 am

whi52873 wrote:
bowtechjim wrote:
whi52873 wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

I'd like to read it.

I don’t see any reference to mule deer being injected with scrapie in 1967, just says mule deer were identified as having CWD in 1967. More recently, they injected CWD into sheep and scrapie into elk and both times the animals became infected. They were demonstrating the possibility of either disease jumping the species barrier, which would have huge ramifications.

There is some evidence though that mule deer were housed in a facility in the 60s that had previously been the site of a scrapie study in sheep. As the story goes, the mule deer later showed clinical signs of having a TSE disease, which was later dubbed CWD.

There is also strong evidence of the transportation of live cervids being the most likely source of the spread of CWD across the nation, whether from elk reintroductions or game farms.
whi52873

Unread postby whi52873 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:09 pm

SamPotter wrote:
whi52873 wrote:
bowtechjim wrote:
whi52873 wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

I'd like to read it.

I don’t see any reference to mule deer being injected with scrapie in 1967, just says mule deer were identified as having CWD in 1967. More recently, they injected CWD into sheep and scrapie into elk and both times the animals became infected. They were demonstrating the possibility of either disease jumping the species barrier, which would have huge ramifications.

There is some evidence though that mule deer were housed in a facility in the 60s that had previously been the site of a scrapie study in sheep. As the story goes, the mule deer later showed clinical signs of having a TSE disease, which was later dubbed CWD.

There is also strong evidence of the transportation of live cervids being the most likely source of the spread of CWD across the nation, whether from elk reintroductions or game farms.

There are several published reports showing the first know case of CWD in any type of deer were mule deer in a high fence study area owned by Colorado Department of Wildlife. Wether they injected the mule deer to start the whole debacle or they contracted from the ground where sheep were previously, I feel they are still responsible for the spread. There is no hard evidence saying they injected the mule deer but we obviously know they were testing the virus in sheep...hard to believe they weren’t testing mule deer as well.

I’ll post those studies up when I get some time.
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:48 pm

That’s basically what I was saying in the 2nd paragraph of my response. I’m not sure anyone was trying to create CWD as some of the various conspiracy theories propose, but the thought that it may have originated when a prion jumped species suggests the possibility that it could jump again.
On top of all of this, there is a form of CWD in Norway as well, but is supposed to be a different strain than what is in North America.
Groundpounder

Unread postby Groundpounder » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:19 pm

I usually pass the opinion(chit chat and general) threads by because they seem to be filled with people who are upset and just want to go off and hear their opinions echoed.

Some of the crap being said on these threads is absolutely absurd and continues propagation of lies, rumors, and general BS.

Tennhunter3 continues to vomit nonsense all over this forum, this is just one example.
"Funny that cwd had never existed before the 1960s. Its human made just like the aids virus."

Ignorance is no excuse for comments like some on here make. The internet is a huge wealth of information, verify and validate anything you read, look for scientific studies and check their funding sources. Money is involved in EVERYTHING but it is not always some dark sinister conspiracy.

It's easy to create a "them" by pointing out differences between us and others and it's easy to want a clear enemy/target to fight against but the world is rarely that simple. People are multilayered complex animals, the issues we create are multilayered and complex as well.

While the public probably doesn't have ALL of the info on CWD, there is a huge amount of info out there. Dnr offices across the country have taken different approaches to handling the issue with varying results. Their intention is the same: "to limit the spread of cwd."

There has been one case of cwd jumping species (bonobo monkeys-close relative genetically) through consumption of infected meat. This should be enough to give us hunters pause. Considering the method of transmission, the fact that it has jumped species at least once, cannot be controlled by typical treatment methods should be enough for concern.

If cwd were rampant within the American beef or poultry population you would hope that something was done to limit the spread. (If you remember mad cow disease).

I imagine that this post is too aggressive, too real, will ruffle feathers and be removed. Go ahead. I'm just sick of stupidity feeding stupidity.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:35 am

Groundpounder wrote:I usually pass the opinion(chit chat and general) threads by because they seem to be filled with people who are upset and just want to go off and hear their opinions echoed.

Some of the crap being said on these threads is absolutely absurd and continues propagation of lies, rumors, and general BS.

Tennhunter3 continues to vomit nonsense all over this forum, this is just one example.
"Funny that cwd had never existed before the 1960s. Its human made just like the aids virus."

Ignorance is no excuse for comments like some on here make. The internet is a huge wealth of information, verify and validate anything you read, look for scientific studies and check their funding sources. Money is involved in EVERYTHING but it is not always some dark sinister conspiracy.

It's easy to create a "them" by pointing out differences between us and others and it's easy to want a clear enemy/target to fight against but the world is rarely that simple. People are multilayered complex animals, the issues we create are multilayered and complex as well.

While the public probably doesn't have ALL of the info on CWD, there is a huge amount of info out there. Dnr offices across the country have taken different approaches to handling the issue with varying results. Their intention is the same: "to limit the spread of cwd."

There has been one case of cwd jumping species (bonobo monkeys-close relative genetically) through consumption of infected meat. This should be enough to give us hunters pause. Considering the method of transmission, the fact that it has jumped species at least once, cannot be controlled by typical treatment methods should be enough for concern.

If cwd were rampant within the American beef or poultry population you would hope that something was done to limit the spread. (If you remember mad cow disease).

I imagine that this post is too aggressive, too real, will ruffle feathers and be removed. Go ahead. I'm just sick of stupidity feeding stupidity.

Wow I'm quite hurt by your comments.
Just because my beliefs may be different then what you believe.

You must find it very strange that on purpose or not cwd has popped up and has had a huge negative impact on deer populations. Just because my thoughts as to why are different then yours you attack me.

Do you not at all find it odd that that the only way they think they can slow cwd down is to wipe out entire animal herds? Without trying any other solutions?

Do you have any evidence to show that what I said was not accurate? Or possible?

Even if you did I still have a right to my opinion and you do not need to be hostile torwards other members just for having different beliefs then you do.

Have a great day.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:22 am

Conspiracy theories or not, the numbers don't lie. They've been heavily testing different areas around the country and out of the thousands and thousands of harvested deer not even half a percent test positive. And the ones that do didn't die from CWD. They died from being shot.

You know what I think about this CWD nonsense?...

These CWD deer taste like regular deer, absolutely delicious.
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:02 am

20200104_110106.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:48 am

Groundpounder wrote:I usually pass the opinion(chit chat and general) threads by because they seem to be filled with people who are upset and just want to go off and hear their opinions echoed.

People have a right to their opinions and just because it differs from yours doesn’t make it wrong. Purposely attacking another member is not tolerated here so lets end this right now. You can disagree and still have a reasonable discussion so please take that route. If you feel you crossed the line you obviously did. Some disagreements are better left to PM’s. We have no use for this stuff here. Thanks for your cooperation.
AR Hunter

Unread postby AR Hunter » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:27 am

whi52873 wrote:
HBTim wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Findian wrote:Scientists have discovered that fear creates money.

I was just going to make a comment similar to this. Somewhere somebody is getting rich off all this CWD stuff. As long as there is money to be made off it the propaganda will support it and spread the fear.

Oh, so it's just a conspiracy? I thought we were beyond that by now. Who is the somebody? Where is the somewhere? Why are people trying to make up fantastic stories to explain all of this when the probable explanation is so much simpler? I hunt in the worst-affected areas of Wyoming, and there is nothing fantastic about this.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy either.....but with all the rules/regulations they put in place where CWD originated (Colorodo/Wyoming) it hasn't seemed to help regardless.

All CWD samples taken from Arkansas are sent to some sophisticated lab in Colorado for testing since we apparently don't have the proper tools to test the samples ourselves......that's why it takes 6-8 months to get results back. The Game and Fish also tell us not to eat the meat until the results are in....so you're telling me I have to wait 6-8 months to eat the deer I killed? No thanks. No telling how much money that lab makes just to test those samples.....

Have you had an animal tested and it take that long?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”