Virginia Public Land Challenge

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
VaBowKill5

Re: Virginia Public Land Challenge

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:01 pm

I’m not opposed to some scouting ahead of time in fact I think it’s a good idea and like I say I think we should do it somewhere east of the blue ridge to give everybody an extra buck tag

DKenny

Unread postby DKenny » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:27 pm

I would be in for this. I am open to any part of the state. I am in the Hampton Roads area.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:09 pm

Virginia, Pa, Md, DE, WV. Any of those states I think I can go.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
VaBowKill5

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:43 pm

I’m glad we’re getting some interest I guess we’ll just keep this going and we can just throw out some ideas and then we can vote on an area and a date once the time gets a little closer.
Ghost Pointer

Unread postby Ghost Pointer » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:49 pm

Tons of public land in the ridge and valley area. If I can work it out, count me in.
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 am

Cool idea. I am interested if I could find the time. Early October is busy.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:19 pm

moondoondude wrote:Lots and lots of good public land in VA and some dandy bucks also. I'd prefer something north of Richmond just because I might be interested and i think that is neutral ground for a lot of guys on here.

I also wouldn't be opposed to going out there prior to our visit and maybe putting eyes on a couple pieces to make sure we can make the most of the trip. I could report back to the group even - I just know from experience down there that you don't know what you're going to get sometimes until you show up and time is always limited.

I would definitely take moon up on this offer. Good to see you post again. Any big MD bucks this year for you?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
VaBowKill5

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:42 pm

We can plan it for a week and people can come and go as it works for their schedule. I think it’s gonna be a blast
moondoondude
500 Club

Unread postby moondoondude » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:51 pm

Wlog wrote:
moondoondude wrote:Lots and lots of good public land in VA and some dandy bucks also. I'd prefer something north of Richmond just because I might be interested and i think that is neutral ground for a lot of guys on here.

I also wouldn't be opposed to going out there prior to our visit and maybe putting eyes on a couple pieces to make sure we can make the most of the trip. I could report back to the group even - I just know from experience down there that you don't know what you're going to get sometimes until you show up and time is always limited.

I would definitely take moon up on this offer. Good to see you post again. Any big MD bucks this year for you?

I've been doing well man, just really busy and don't get to post too often. I just want to keep people away from here so why not send them down to VA? In all seriousness, I drove down through the area we are discussing a couple times during the last week. I'll probably do a day shedhunting down there and walking after a bit more research and i can report back to this thread.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:06 am

I would definitely be interested in a weekend in early October. I am from the eastern panhandle of WV. Only 30 minutes from Winchester VA. I could probably only make it for a weekend or two because I save my days off to go to the midwest, but like I said, I'm definitely interested.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
wannabemtnman

Unread postby wannabemtnman » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:38 pm

Brand new to the forum and a little late on this thread but I would be interested in this as well! Central/eastern from Farmville to Richmond wouldn't be a bad option with those big state forests and a few smaller WMAs around. Shouldn't be much pressure if the challenge was done in early bow season.
Flogger

Unread postby Flogger » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:59 am

I would definitely be interested. I’m new to the forum but certainly not new to the style of hunting. Been following Dan for many many years too.

Anyway, I’m in south central, Ky and I will be there if it all comes together. Watching the public land challenge was really cool and I look forward to participating.

Best,

JK
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 am

I'd likely be down.
VaBowKill5

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:18 am

Thought I would update this post to kind of get everyone thinking about a general area we want to go and would you all rather early October, mid, or late October? I say we can pick a neutral location and let people hunt any piece of public in the general vicinity. Let me know what you guys are thinking. I know there was a lot of interest around Richmond which is cool with me.
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:59 am

I’m not going to be able to participate, but I am cheering for a group to make this thing happen. I’d love to see some camp fire videos of all the hunters and hopefully see some video of you gents getting it done!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”