Hunt again or they wont come out today?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Denisboyko22

Hunt again or they wont come out today?

Unread postby Denisboyko22 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:21 am

I was in a tree yesterday and I was about 80 yards off human access and had 5 doe walk in by the human access and the mature doe smelled my trail I took into my spot but it was roughly 10 yards away from the human trail where she got it so it was close to where human scent should be but she then ran up the ridge and stopped at the top and the others kinda ran off one at a time , I'm looking to just get some meat for the freezer so looking to get one doe even though I saw about 6 , they were headed towards the food source from a reservation where they go every late season, I'm wondering if they will take the same path today to the food and I just setup over the human trail where they took which was 60 yards away , will they come back today to feed the same way towards the food?

Chuck B
500 Club

Re: Hunt again or they wont come out today?

Unread postby Chuck B » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:38 am

Tough to say without a schematic/topo map, but, I would say they will be in the same general area. I would just try to set up closer to where they came from (bedding) if possible, even if that only means 25-50 yards from where you were.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Denisboyko22

Unread postby Denisboyko22 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:48 am

Chuck B wrote:Tough to say without a schematic/topo map, but, I would say they will be in the same general area. I would just try to set up closer to where they came from (bedding) if possible, even if that only means 25-50 yards from where you were.

Problem is they bed in the reservation where you cant hunt but they come out of there to feed , I was 60 yards away from the trail they took yesterday so I think I might move to the pinch point where ridges pinch down to an area that is 40 yards wide with alittle funnel in the middle where they cross the human trail I just hope my scent didnt screw it up from yesterday and they still come out today
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:42 pm

They gotta eat

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”