List of hunting methods

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Davis1990

Re: List of hunting methods

Unread postby Davis1990 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:03 pm

I was thinking the other day of giving a sound bump method a run during the pre rut or rut. It would require a thick bedding area. A 10 mph wind and a lot of luck. Basically you hit the edge of bedding with wind blowing down the transition. You act like another buck and reposition downwind. Waiting for the circle. I have a hard time getting reliable buddies to wind bump lol.

1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:54 pm

What about the deer farmer? With the free ranging herd? You know the guy that talks about his buck and his deer ? and sometimes gets mad cus somebody shoots one of his deer!

Also there are stealth hunters that use atv’s to drive in to their stand or blind. It’s incognito, atvs don’t soook deer :whistle: , and if you pull it right up to the tree it’s like having an extra climbing stick.

Oh and boogie don’t forget about the GILF hunter
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Scott S

Unread postby Scott S » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
Cchez wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:If I had to pick 3 type areas to hunt the rest of my life for good bucks it would be these in no particular order:

Rural cemeteries

Brushy railroad tracks

Foreclosed overgrown homesteads

Boogie, I would love to hear at least one story of a buck you killed near a rural cemetery, with a pic if possible. This is something I've been wanting to try.

I’ve had lots of very cool encounters at rural cemetery’s. Believe the benefit of these places are it offers a lot of good terrain that could not be used as cemetery itself. The light from the exposed cemetery let’s in a lot of light creating thick under story around the perimeter. You mix that in with it takes a special kind of person to go snooping around in the dark around a cemetery then u have the perfect storm.

Biggest buck I have ever seen in my life was at a cemetery. A legit 180-190” stud which is unheard of in my area. He spent every minute of daylight in there, then after dark would exit cutting through the head stones. When forming a plan to hunt this buck I contacted the county to double check it was ok. At first got the green light but not long after was told the way that particular cemetery was coded it was illegal to hunt. The surrounded area of creeks and woods were worded like it was part of the cemetery. Not all are like that, but u need to double check.

I watched that deer for 2 more years b4 he finally disappeared. What a survivor. Also, most bucks are already inside well b4 daylight so some serious thought needs to be applied on how to get In unnoticed. I will see if I can find a few pics, but I really never took any pics til a few years ago. I still hunt a cemetery now and again, but not near as much as I used to. I cut my teeth on them suckers. Was the only place I knew I could find a undisturbed shooter. Just a diff kind of hunting.

This is genius.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”