Venture Sled Blaines Farm and Fleet $19.99

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckfever
500 Club

Venture Sled Blaines Farm and Fleet $19.99

Unread postby Buckfever » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:33 pm

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1 ... -sled.html

I just picked up this sled, I think this is the same thing as the terrain deer drag but just black in color and marketed differently. It's made in the same place Muskegan, MI. It's real light weight ~ 4lbs which I need because I got to bring the cart and the sled out and it's long, the 6.5 year old 300lb deer will fit in there. I tested it with the deer winch by putting 210lbs of plate weight and it handled it no problem. The plastic is not thick like a jet sled but it seems plenty sturdy for a lightweight sled. Price is right. If you're near a Blaines. FWIW

Jackson Marsh

Re: Venture Sled Blaines Farm and Fleet $19.99

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:53 pm

8-)

That's a good deal.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:55 pm

I had one in my hand at the new Fleet Farm in West Bend but then didn’t buy it. It might be handy to keep in the truck. I like the easy rope tie down that tightens as you pull.

Same one but orange and costs a bit more.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/blaze- ... id=1915314
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:44 pm

I considered buying one of those but I wasn't sure if the molded deer tracks would make it drag harder than a Jet sled so I held off. Jet sled sides are higher too. Sounds like it pulls good though & definitely a good price.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:46 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:I considered buying one of those but I wasn't sure if the molded deer tracks would make it drag harder than a Jet sled so I held off. Jet sled sides are higher too. Sounds like it pulls good though & definitely a good price.

It would be much more streamlined than a Jet Sled. I have an Ottter sled which is similar and the squared corners really suck in the thick stuff. The flat front catches on every sapling and thick brush around.
treeroot
500 Club

Unread postby treeroot » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:50 pm

To bad there isn't a store local to me or I'd own it for the money.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Dewey wrote:
DEERSLAYER wrote:I considered buying one of those but I wasn't sure if the molded deer tracks would make it drag harder than a Jet sled so I held off. Jet sled sides are higher too. Sounds like it pulls good though & definitely a good price.

It would be much more streamlined than a Jet Sled. I have an Ottter sled which is similar and the squared corners really suck in the thick stuff. The flat front catches on every sapling and thick brush around.

I agree with the square corners catching on stuff.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”