2 shot in NW Wisconsin

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MarshRunner1

Re: 2 shot in NW Wisconsin

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:43 am

They must've been licking off the same salt block :lol: Congrats to the hunters those are some giants.

MN Slick

Unread postby MN Slick » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:29 am

Those aren't the type of bucks I remember in Polk Co, Ha!
BigBrutus11

Unread postby BigBrutus11 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:06 am

I posted the pics because we're all fascinated with big bucks. And I'm just going off what my co workers who live in that area said. I do know over the years I've heard numerous stories of big bucks taken in that area. We can speculate all we want on where a big buck has been shot, but unless we were there with first hand knowledge, we never know for sure. All I can say is congrats to those hunters or any hunters for that matter that have killed their deer in a legal manner, no matter where they were taken
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am

BigBrutus11 wrote:
Chuck B wrote:I hunt in NW WI....these don’t look like free rangers to me!

One of Jarod Washburns game farms?

Nope they're free range private land kills. Ever heard of Rock Creek? It's an area just north of St Croix Falls that at one time was 2200 acres that seen very limited hunting, and was actually patrolled at times. It since been broken up a bit if I heard correctly. But I believe it's still managed some what by various land owners as in QDM. This is just what I've heard from guys who live nearby

I have not heard of Rock Creek. Interesting though!
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
BigBrutus11

Unread postby BigBrutus11 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:05 am

image.jpg
Here's another pic of that first buck and a third buck shot Northeast of the other 2 by Luck Wi. The reason I'm rehashing this thread is cause if the story I've heard is true it's pretty cool. Evidently grandson (1st pic) and grandfather (in this pic) we're walking out together and some does go . by them followed by the buck. The grand father let the grandson shoot first but then followed through with his own shot. I think they both hit it? Not sure even so if true, that sure would be a memory to share with be someone close to you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigBrutus11

Unread postby BigBrutus11 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:06 am

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:37 am

Thanks for adding the great backstory BigBrutus.
What better memory can the guy have than killing such a deer with his grandfather!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”