Animal Cruelty Law

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rich M
500 Club

Animal Cruelty Law

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 am

Thought to start a diff thread.

The whole animals are people too thought process (NRA Hunter magazine December 2019 states that 35% of Americans believe that animals are in their social circle, aka equivalent to people, have similar thought processes and emotions) has generated a federal law.

The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act (PACT) is a bipartisan initiative that bans the intentional crushing, burning, drowning, suffocating, impalement or other serious harm to "living non-human mammals, birds, reptiles, or amphibians."

The law also bans "animal crush videos," meaning any photograph, motion picture film, video or digital recording or electronic image that depicts animal cruelty. The penalty for violating the law can include a fine, a prison term of up to seven years or both.

Those kids torturing the deer are likely gonna be the first ones tried under this law and start precedent.

Seeing that they are/were "hunters" - How long until the animal rights folks try to use this against hunting & hunters?

Jonny
500 Club

Re: Animal Cruelty Law

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 am

I’ve already seen people refer to the law as a way to go after hunters. No big name stuff but lots of comments on Facebook type things.

It’ll come. Especially as the number of hunters doesn’t exactly grow
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:37 am

They won't be tried under animal cruelty as they were hunting while this happened. The kids from Wisconsin that chased down and ran over deer with a snowmobile didn't get charged on this either. We as hunters don't want to involve this term with our sport as it could jeopardize it in the future. Sam Wood from Wild Rose WI talks about this in a YouTube video just yesterday. Watch it.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:50 am

Hunting brings money to the economy. Anti hunters bring harassment, threats, and possibly poop tossing. Right now I don’t see this law going against hunters but who knows. We do live on a strange planet with strange humans.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
PublicLand

Unread postby PublicLand » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:07 am

I believe it's a gateway law, hunting/trapping videos will be 1st to go. Kids today have never been exposed to "real life" and are shocked seeing skinning,gutting,dying. it
Most of us don't remember the 1st time we saw it, animals and humans are different to us. You'd be shocked at what teachers teach, it's all part pressure, groupthink, psychology tactics.

MUST START VOTING & RUNNING FOR SCHOOL BOARD.
Organized effort there and D.A. is known
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:47 am

So, wouldn’t this apply to the wolves as well, they are being cruel towards deer and other animals as well.

:lol:
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:23 am

mag1 wrote:So, wouldn’t this apply to the wolves as well, they are being cruel towards deer and other animals as well.

:lol:

Yesssss!!
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
P&YBuck1
500 Club

Unread postby P&YBuck1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:01 am

Not to hijack this but I saw where California was trying to outlaw dog hunting of animals since they chase down the animal to exhaustion then people go in for the kill. Funny, since they promote wolves whose tactic is the same but their killing is slow and brutal compared to a gun along with the fact we have seasons/limits of what we take....

Also, we know wolves fight and will kill other wolves for prime territory, etc., then why is the DNR putting different wolf packs on Isle Royal together, isn't that dog fighting. I know the answer is to diversify the population but they are essentially pitting wolves against one another.

I just hope the animal cruelty is not a foot in the door to bigger things against hunters. I am firm believer that we as hunters need to show how we do take hunting seriously with humane kills and utilization of the meat, promotion of habitat, etc. as this will go a long ways against those crazies. Just my two cents worth.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:15 pm

It is getting close to where you will have to be an activist to hunt. Down here (FL) there are a lot of governmental meetings where the horse folks, hikers, birders, etc. show up in good numbers and maybe there will be a hunter or two.

We are losing dog hunting but due to lack of large enough parcels of land for the dogs to run.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”