PA Kids Torturing and Beating a Buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PAwildman

PA Kids Torturing and Beating a Buck

Unread postby PAwildman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:53 am

My neck of the woods has been blowing up since 2 kids spined a buck yesterday and proceeded to torture it and laugh while recording the incident. I believe the step-dad, who was not involved nor present during the incident, was the one who saw the video and shared it so the proper authorities could do something about it. I could only watch about 10 seconds of it because it caught me completely by surprise and was so sad and disgusting to say the least. As I said the videos went viral and everyone is in an uproar. The comments are extremely angry and hostile...perhaps rightfully so. I for one, am completely flabbergasted by the event and worried about the future of our youth.

I'd like to cut and copy the Pennsylvania Game Commission response as well as a paragraph from a local online article. I do not want to provide the direct link because these videos are still linked to it. It's not worth watching. I simply want to bring awareness to such shocking and inhumane behavior. What world are we living in?

PGC: "The Pennsylvania Game Commission is aware of a video purporting to show individuals assaulting an injured deer. The conduct portrayed in the video is reprehensible and potentially a violation of the law. Thank you for your help and for your concern for Pennsylvania wildlife."

Local online article: "In the video the boys appear to kick the buck in the face, step on its legs and rip off one of its antlers, all while it was still alive, but unable to escape because of its injury after being shot.The video went viral, sparking outrage and disgust, first among hunting-related groups on the Internet and then the larger digital world. At least one online petition was launched seeking felony charges against the boys."

My mind cannot comprehend where this sort of behavior comes from. As hunters, we are so passionate about what we do. This insults me on a soul level.

Nature never betrayed the heart that loved her
Wordsworth
Jackson Marsh

Re: PA Kids Torturing and Beating a Buck

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Sounds sick.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Absolutely terrible, makes me sick. If I ever encountered anybody doing this I'm afraid of what I might do. Good chance I would be going to jail.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:28 pm

Low Life Scum Bags! What goes thru peoples heads!

They need to be locked up! And get a lifetime hunting & fishing revocation!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Not a good situation. Glad I wasnt there. What a shame. Let's home the wildlife commission in your area deals with this to the highest degree.
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
PeteJ

Unread postby PeteJ » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Scum BAGS!
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:58 pm

Hope they get punished, learn from it, and turn their lives into something positive. Discusting video, but others saying how they'd like to do the same to these kids is also discusting.
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:29 pm

purebowhunting wrote:Hope they get punished, learn from it, and turn their lives into something positive. Discusting video, but others saying how they'd like to do the same to these kids is also discusting.

Yup.

Children are being raped daily across the country and our govt officials are protecting a large pedo ring, yet this is what the rednecks decide to be up in arms about.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 pm

I watched a couple seconds of the video. It also made me sick to my stomach. Not at all what hunting is about. I do however believe that kids are dumber than a box of rocks. Especially young males. ( Having 2 myself, and being one years ago). I hope they learn some type of hard lesson. I also hope they can move on with their lives in a positive way.
PAbowhunter10

Unread postby PAbowhunter10 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:13 pm

I’m a PA resident and seen the video myself on Instagram. Very disturbing and don’t recommend anyone to watch it. It’s really upsetting to see the way they laughed as they tortured that animal. Some might say they are kids that don’t know any better. I call them immature young adults who might need some help upstairs from a doctor. Not something a normal teenager would do who was raised by good parents. Probably some issues at home as well. Sure wouldn’t catch my kids armed in the woods if they had that kind of mental capacity.
PAbowhunter10

Unread postby PAbowhunter10 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:26 pm

crankn101 wrote:“Yup.

Children are being raped daily across the country and our govt officials are protecting a large pedo ring, yet this is what the rednecks decide to be up in arms about.”

Yes there are bigger issues going on around the world. And yes human life is on a higher priority level than animals. (Or at least should be). But if you watch the video it’s a really disturbing situation. And hunters as well as none hunters have every right to be upset about it. I don’t think by categorizing everyone who is upset about this video as “rednecks”, makes you sound very mature yourself.... kinda like calling the kettle black..
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Sad to hear! Think this might be a case of some kids who never were taught how or why to hunt. Guessing they never had any kind of positive mentors explaining the circle of life, respect, ethics, and numerous other things that are essential. Instead the culture of kill at all cost, YouTube hits, fb likes and hero shots has become the main reason many folks take to the timber each fall.

Personally would like to see some hefty fines including community service, loss of hunting rights for a very long time, mental health therapy and a public apology for starters.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:00 pm

I watched the video. Disturbing to see someone torture a helpless animal like that. I was taught to put them out of their misery. I hope they lose their hunting privileges for a long time.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Anybody that can torture animals has some very serious psychological issues going on. Somebody better do something about these kids before they turn into something much worse in the future.
Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:19 pm

I have seen it pop up about 50 times on my Facebook feed within the last 48 hrs. I could not watch much of it...it’s pretty sickening.
How bad do you want it?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”