PA Kids Torturing and Beating a Buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rich M
500 Club

Re: PA Kids Torturing and Beating a Buck

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:
Rich M wrote:Amazing how folks want to see them punished "for life". You really need to save that for real crimes - they let drug dealers out and you say nothing. There are sex rings and slavery in the US and you say nothing. But mess with a deer and you cry "punishment for life". Gotta get yer hat on straight. Do they have videos of torturing cats and dogs? Lighting little children on fire? Or is it just a stupid coincidence kind of video? One eggs the other on and next thing you know people want to hang them?

So we shouldn’t be upset because we don’t get mad over the things you mentioned?

When folks start to be offended and such for things that happen to people, then they can worry about the 4-legged fuzzies. Until then it is all hypocrisy.

Actually surprised that you are the first one to quote me. I do draw a hard line between animals and people - an animal is just an animal. We kill & eat most of them.

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:47 pm

I heard about this today. Apparently they have also tortured small animals (wild game I believe) in the past. I have zero tolerance for animal cruelty on any level.

Science has proven (& common sense should say the same) that people who are cruel or indifferent to the feelings of animals tend to be abusive & aggressive toward people as well. Just because people are cruel to other people in the world doesn't mean it's OK to be cruel or heartless toward animals. That's makes absolutely zero sense.

Of course, then there is the biblical stuff about what God says (I find most hunters seem to believe in God). The bible makes it clear how much God loves animals & how we are to be kind to them. Even to the point of putting down your "sword to lighten the burden of your enemies "mule"', etc. But really, we shouldn't need God to tell people to be kind and have empathy for animals instead of apathy. Or that we are only to kill animals by the most humane means possible when we do it.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Rich M wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Rich M wrote:Amazing how folks want to see them punished "for life". You really need to save that for real crimes - they let drug dealers out and you say nothing. There are sex rings and slavery in the US and you say nothing. But mess with a deer and you cry "punishment for life". Gotta get yer hat on straight. Do they have videos of torturing cats and dogs? Lighting little children on fire? Or is it just a stupid coincidence kind of video? One eggs the other on and next thing you know people want to hang them?

So we shouldn’t be upset because we don’t get mad over the things you mentioned?

When folks start to be offended and such for things that happen to people, then they can worry about the 4-legged fuzzies. Until then it is all hypocrisy.

Actually surprised that you are the first one to quote me. I do draw a hard line between animals and people - an animal is just an animal. We kill & eat most of them.

That's messed up. There are still a few remote places in the world where cannibalism is still practiced. I guess if you ever take a trip & crash land in one of those places you better hope they don't feel the same about their food that you do about animals. Otherwise they may feel that food doesn't deserve to be spared fear & horrific pain & you may find yourself & loved ones being tortured or boiled alive or some similarly horrible fate.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:20 pm

Rich M wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:

We kill and eat most of them. We don't torture them intentionally. Big difference.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:46 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:I heard about this today. Apparently they have also tortured small animals (wild game I believe) in the past. I have zero tolerance for animal cruelty on any level.

Science has proven (& common sense should say the same) that people who are cruel or indifferent to the feelings of animals tend to be abusive & aggressive toward people as well. Just because people are cruel to other people in the world doesn't mean it's OK to be cruel or heartless toward animals. That's makes absolutely zero sense.

Of course, then there is the biblical stuff about what God says (I find most hunters seem to believe in God). The bible makes it clear how much God loves animals & how we are to be kind to them. Even to the point of putting down your "sword to lighten the burden of your enemies "mule"', etc. But really, we shouldn't need God to tell people to be kind and have empathy for animals instead of apathy. Or that we are only to kill animals by the most humane means possible when we do it.

Well said Deerslayer. We've all made mistakes and done things we are not proud of, but to do something this extreme while finding pleasure and pride in the act is just plain evil. And it seems like there may be a pattern of this behavior with these kids. It is very concerning that they seem to be moving on to "bigger" animals. This type of cruelty takes a state of mind that 99.99% of us do not have. The .01% that do have this state of mind should be locked up or in a mental institution.

Their reputations are tarnished forever. Can they turn their lives around and do they deserve forgiveness? Absolutely, I hope their hearts change for the better. But I also hope they are prosecuted to the fullest, a slap on the wrist is not enough. Or better yet, maybe they should take up residence at Warren State Hospital.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:44 am

I saw on another forum that they have a history of this - and that it isn't just a stupid decision. Someone else said that they were from the same general area and that the local authorities are gonna string em up.

I also want to clarify that I do not condone unnecessary suffering for any animal or person. Seems like folks see a video of an old lady getting cold-cocked and go "ouch!", but a dog gets a belt and they want blood. That's what bothers me.

Can also see where it comes from - that deer never did nothing to nobody while people us off daily.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:50 am

In my opinion this is a huge black eye for the hunting community. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but I do believe and example should be made out of this incident. Jail time, or a ban of hunting for many years. I don't wish any physical harm on the people involved, but there should definitely be a major punishment.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:15 am

Its so cruel to shoot a deer with one of those archaic arrows...
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:34 am

That was extremely hard to watch... cannot understand how anyone could even do that much less get enjoyment from it. SMH at a lot of things I see going on these days.
Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Unread postby Cchez » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:55 am

I wish i hadn't seen this video. Very disturbing. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since, I've actually lost a little sleep over it. Its sad knowing that there are people out there like this.
Hildebrand

Unread postby Hildebrand » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:59 am

If you can't afford another bullet or arrow to put down the animal you decide to shot at and make a bad shot you should not be in the woods. Its our job to make sure the animal does not suffer. We are the ones that decide to take that animals life. No I dont think these kids should be hurt or anything like that but I do believe they should get punished in the full. They decided to take a video of them doing it, telling it to stay down and ripping its antlers off. Then decide to look into the camera and laugh about it.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 am

These kids have become VERY popular over this. I've even seen them on national sites like yahoo. I'm sure the game commission will come through with a solid punishment. Its gotten so big, they need to make a statement with these kids.

Someone above mentioned we're all the ones getting a black eye in the hunting community. I totally agree. Some nut job liberal in Harrisburg (or D.C.) will surely use this against us down the road.
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:41 am

People get tortured like that every week. And no one cares... there are plenty of videos of people getting tortured, and people shrug their shoulders. But for some reason when it's an animal people get crazy mad... no doubt these kids need some punishment, but it's a sad world when a kid is dieing of cancer and his family is jobless and broke and no one will give him a dime, but people can get 1000s of dollars without asking if they post about there sick cat.
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:45 am

dan wrote:People get tortured like that every week. And no one cares... there are plenty of videos of people getting tortured, and people shrug their shoulders. But for some reason when it's an animal people get crazy mad... no doubt these kids need some punishment, but it's a sad world when a kid is dieing of cancer and his family is jobless and broke and no one will give him a dime, but people can get 1000s of dollars without asking if they post about there sick cat.

This is why I like Dan, speaks the truth and doesnt pander.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:56 am

Thesouthpaw wrote:In my opinion this is a huge black eye for the hunting community. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but I do believe and example should be made out of this incident. Jail time, or a ban of hunting for many years. I don't wish any physical harm on the people involved, but there should definitely be a major punishment.

Exactly

When people say "it's just an animal" that blows my mind. Torturing any living creature for fun is wrong on so many levels. Cannot believe people are actually trying to find ways to accept or minimize this behavior. Unreal.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”