How long, if ever?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jdaukontas

How long, if ever?

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:50 pm

Sat a bedding area yesterday morning. Had a mature buck come in at 650, approximately 200 yards out with the rifle. Idk what happened, but I must have rushed the shot because I missed him. Although positive I missed him, I had to be certain so got down and searched the bedding area. After an hour of circling about, my hunt finished with nothing. Is this area burned out, will he come back in, if so how long should I give him?

Any advice would be appreciated!

MarshRunner1

Re: How long, if ever?

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm

Can't really say for sure if he will be back or not. How well do you know the area? Are there other accessible bedding areas to hunt? What was the deers reaction after the shot? Did he get the he** out of dodge or run 75 yards and look back? I personally doubt you'll be able to shoot him out of that same bed anytime soon. I wouldn't like it if someone came in my bedroom and shot at me :lol: Is it worth pursuing just that one buck? I'm sure there are other deer around. Sounds like your right on 'em so its only a matter of time. Good luck and shoot straight
Jdaukontas

Re: How long, if ever?

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:12 pm

There is another bedding area about 300 yards away, but it is primarily does.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”