Hunter Harassment....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stratocasterNJ

Re: Hunter Harassment....

Unread postby stratocasterNJ » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:22 pm

It's unfortunate but don't put up with it. In NJ we have allowed the anti's to get away with it because the state gov't is run by liberal democrats who don't care about the right to hunt without being harassed even though we have some laws against harassment. They have even gone so far as to damage stands on WMA's by waiting until a hunter leaves and going in and doing the dirty work or actually going up to hunters in the woods and harassing them. Once you let them get away with it it's almost impossible to stop them, like trying to get rid of cockroaches once you have them.

MarshRunner1

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:24 am

stratocasterNJ wrote:It's unfortunate but don't put up with it. In NJ we have allowed the anti's to get away with it because the state gov't is run by liberal democrats who don't care about the right to hunt without being harassed even though we have some laws against harassment. They have even gone so far as to damage stands on WMA's by waiting until a hunter leaves and going in and doing the dirty work or actually going up to hunters in the woods and harassing them. Once you let them get away with it it's almost impossible to stop them, like trying to get rid of cockroaches once you have them.

I never thought that there were many anti's in WI but this year has been rough. Earlier this fall there were multiple incidences in northern WI of destroyed box blinds with ALF (animal liberation front) spray painted on them. Back in October I was bowhunting this same stand in question and someone drove to the opposite corner of the field, shined their light in the field, and laid on the horn until all the deer took off. It really sucks because for the last 3 years we've had some big bucks on cam here and this year they are absolute beauties, 150-180 inchers. Guess its just one of the difficulties of hunting.
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:50 am

Did you get any video of the guy harassing you?
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:22 am

Sometimes people just need a haymaker to the jaw
MarshRunner1

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:45 pm

Mountain Man wrote:Did you get any video of the guy harassing you?

Unfortunately not
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:36 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:That stinks! But what does swearing have to do with trespassing? Should hear me talk to a telemarketer :lol: I’m not a spokesman for vigilante justice and raise my child better. But for me, all I have to do is answer for my own actions. I’ve never had a issue with signage folk.

But did spot a couple shoe polishing my windshield murder while hunting not to many years ago. One of the most beautiful things about living in small town USA is u know everyone. And chances are if u don’t someone u know does. These particular knuckleheads I was given there whereabouts by vehicle description. I left a very kind note on there car, saying I’m am the guy u found hunting that u so graciously left a note in shoe polish. What are the odds I found you to! Got 2 words for ya... Lug Nutz! Think about that every morning. Happy holidays and god bless!

They wanted me ticketed twice I guess.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 am

I don’t know about there but around here, there are enough crazy hunters that it’s 50/50 that someone would shoot the guy or at least wing some shells over his head. I’m pretty paranoid walking around in gun season period.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:21 am

Boogieman1 wrote:That stinks! But what does swearing have to do with trespassing? Should hear me talk to a telemarketer :lol: I’m not a spokesman for vigilante justice and raise my child better. But for me, all I have to do is answer for my own actions. I’ve never had a issue with signage folk.

But did spot a couple shoe polishing my windshield murder while hunting not to many years ago. One of the most beautiful things about living in small town USA is u know everyone. And chances are if u don’t someone u know does. These particular knuckleheads I was given there whereabouts by vehicle description. I left a very kind note on there car, saying I’m am the guy u found hunting that u so graciously left a note in shoe polish. What are the odds I found you to! Got 2 words for ya... Lug Nutz! Think about that every morning. Happy holidays and god bless!

I would never cross you bogie
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:27 am

Uncle Lou wrote:

I would never cross you bogie

:lol: Completely harmless! Just got tired of being the victim. I mean if you do the right thing and call the proper authorities it always left me wondering what happened and no satisfaction. I prefer now to pass the torch and let these yahoos wonder what’s going to happen. Isn’t like they can call the cops and say while I was vandalizing this guys truck he found me and showed up at my house. I get great pleasure in visualizing them thinking what is this lunatic gonna do. Lol, And honestly nothing, but they don’t know that :D
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
MarshRunner1

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Haven't heard a single thing back from the warden. Not sure if hes just gonna blow it off or what. If it ever happens again I'm gonna try my best to get it on video. Maybe I'll sit that stand just to "bait" the guy into doing it again :lol:
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:22 pm

MarshRunner1 wrote:Haven't heard a single thing back from the warden. Not sure if hes just gonna blow it off or what. If it ever happens again I'm gonna try my best to get it on video. Maybe I'll sit that stand just to "bait" the guy into doing it again :lol:

Do it!
Get good audio/video and press HH charges, demanding full prosecution.
That would be more rewarding than killing a big buck.
MarshRunner1

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 am

KRONIIK wrote:
MarshRunner1 wrote:Haven't heard a single thing back from the warden. Not sure if hes just gonna blow it off or what. If it ever happens again I'm gonna try my best to get it on video. Maybe I'll sit that stand just to "bait" the guy into doing it again :lol:

Do it!
Get good audio/video and press HH charges, demanding full prosecution.
That would be more rewarding than killing a big buck.

Doesn't look like WI really has a "penalty" for HH, other than you can sue them for damges (i.e. you payed for a guided hunt and they ruined it). Alot of other states have big $$ fines or time behind bars.
Cutter

Unread postby Cutter » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:30 am

I've had run ins on public before, I always carry a pistol when I bow hunt. Having it has prevented me from being "taught a lesson" atleast once.
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:40 am

So this is like tree huggers harassing you ? I could see in my stomping grounds having another hunter who doesn’t want you to get “his buck” or shoot any doe do that. Heck actually it has happened. I hope that ALF comes to the upper peninsula and goes to a place called garden peninsula :D the cops and Dnr don’t even wanna go down there cus they’ve been fired on , vehicles set on fire and everything else. Who knows what those guys would do to Alf. Whatever they did.. it would be awesome.

I would go hunt that spot again and set up cams on the road if possible. Maybe get a couple guys to lay in the ditch and corner the guy that gets dropped off. Have somebody trail em.. Something has to be done. Can’t let those people feel like they’re winning.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
MarshRunner1

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:03 am

Cutter wrote:I've had run ins on public before, I always carry a pistol when I bow hunt. Having it has prevented me from being "taught a lesson" atleast once.

I've been considering keeping a gun on me when i bow hunt. Aside from the weird stuff thats happened around here its just kinda scary in itself

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”