Ohio Bowhunting During Youth Gun Weekend

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PAwildman

Ohio Bowhunting During Youth Gun Weekend

Unread postby PAwildman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:18 am

Hello everyone, I've been bow hunting Ohio public last couple weeks and I have a question about the youth gun season this weekend. I called the ODNR just to ask a couple questions and they told me if I was bow hunting to wear my orange and watch out for slinging lead. We have youth gun hunts during bow season in PA and it isn't a big deal. My thought is that it will be a great day to be in the woods all day. I'd love the opinion of all you hunters out there. Thanks.

...on another note, everyone waves and has been very friendly to an out of state hunter this season. Don't want to give Ohio a bad reputation for being nice, but I appreciate it. I drive through the Allegheny Forest at home in PA and wave to everyone and no one waves back. They glare and shove me off the road and give me the bird.

Nature never betrayed the heart that loved her
Wordsworth
MarshRunner1

Re: Ohio Bowhunting During Youth Gun Weekend

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:20 am

Any time is good enough for me to be out!
CattailCommander

Unread postby CattailCommander » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:34 am

Might be a good time to sit late morning/early afternoons on some escape routes. Kids will be less likely to sit real long/hunt all day and they'll likely be heading back to the truck at that time and might kick something up your way.
Mgaspari

Unread postby Mgaspari » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:38 am

I have done it in the past and pressure can be hit or miss. I didn’t see anyone out on the public I was at last year except a truck from Vermont. I assume he was bow hunting. It is a great time to be sitting all day for sure
PAwildman

Unread postby PAwildman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate the responses.
Nature never betrayed the heart that loved her
Wordsworth
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:23 pm

There will be some pressure but not a lot. My son and I will be out hunting. Downside is he is old enough to hunt by himself but with the youth season I have to hunt with him. If not I would be bow hunting while he was gun hunting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”