Good luck Wisconsin gun hunters...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Good luck Wisconsin gun hunters...

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:45 am

I got up early this morning made a cup of coffee and went out on the porch to get some air and relieve myself. (You ain't living if you don't live where you can pee off the porch) There were a few deer in the yard passing thru. They looked at me nervously in the dim misty air and walked off towards the public marsh. I couldn't help but wonder if they know whats in store for them tomorrow.

Today the bow will get hung up for a while, and the guns and silly orange costumes will come out as I prepare for the gun season. Its a mixed feeling. Hanging up the bow for a week is like turning a page in my life... One more early bow season gone. To the younger crew it might not seem like that big of a deal, it may seem like they have the rest of there lives to bow hunt. But I realize how fast these years and these seasons fly by.

We only live so many years, we only have our health for so many years. Ive hunted a little more than 40 bow seasons and 40 gun seasons. How many do I have left?

On the other hand tomorrow will bring on a new season I look forward too. Gun season is like a holiday for me. Strangely, its a much different hunt than bow season. Friends and family will show up to share in the adventure. This orange family is made up of some new people, and some people whom have came for years. Friends and family that would drift apart if it were not for the annual gathering.

If your heading out, good luck, be safe, and have fun. Hunting is so much more than just killing deer. Take the time to appreciate your time in the woods. There are only so many opening days left in our lives, and none of us knows how many that is... Cherish each one of them and hunt with positive, happy, appreciative partners.
Here is to all the men and women strapping on the orange and heading into the blowing cold with smiles on there faces. Good luck, shoot straight, and enjoy your short time away from reality.

pagal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

backstraps

Re: Good luck Wisconsin gun hunters...

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:57 am

Good stuff Dan

Best of luck to you and your crew! Hope y’all stay safe and have a blast!!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:10 am

Good luck to everyone getting out!

I have to admit being a little disappointed the early bow season is over. Man, I love that stuff, from sweaty September to chilly November.

But, this will be a different ball game. Looking forward to the change of pace. :clap:

However, it won’t e long before the late bow season is here. ;) :D
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
defectiveproduct
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mitch.huffman

Unread postby defectiveproduct » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:22 am

Well said. I think it is really true how this weekend can bring friends and family closer. I had so many people tell him how much fun it was going to the cabin for opening weekend. Everyone gets to let their guard down, refresh everyone on the old stories and laugh. To me the best times are when there are no restrictions on what you can shoot. A lot of people don’t hunt a lot and this is the time they get away. I always told them, if it makes you happy, shoot.

Know your target and beyond. Be safe. Last year in Wisconsin there was only 4 accidents. Let’s have fun and be safe.

MH
Mitch Huffman
Owner | Venado - Lifestyle Apparel for Outdoorsmen
https://www.venadoinc.com/
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/shopvenado/
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/ShopVenado

Personal | https://www.instagram.com/legendarymitch/
Jmitch

Unread postby Jmitch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:48 am

Very well said. This will be my 19th opening day, havent missed one yet and have no plans to in the future. Gun season doesnt mean as much to me as it used to but I still wouldn't miss it. I usually take it fairly easy gun hunting and this year is not different. I'll be perched in a ladder stand on top of a ridge on our family land daylight till dark unless something dies. I'm hoping to kill a good buck but will be just as happy with another day in the woods. Hope everybody has a safe, enjoyable, and successful hunt.

Good luck to all and above all else be safe out there
MarshRunner1

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:12 am

Every moment spent out in God's beautiful creation is something to be cherished. I'm still young but pray my days out there will be long and plentiful. Thanks for always keeping it real Dan.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:00 am

Good luck all!!! Be safe!!!!! Have fun. Heading down to my buddies. So somewhat of a new experience for me!!!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
trapper57
500 Club

Unread postby trapper57 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:37 am

Thanks Dan !
Good luck to all !!!

I heard on the radio today that the DNR wants us to wash our tires off when we leave the woods to prevent spreading CWD
Sounds like an April fools joke :lol:
kdawg_901

Unread postby kdawg_901 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 am

Good luck fellas. Shoot strait
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Be safe and have fun. There is something about gun season opener. Oh I know, the gun shots. Such a magical day.
Persistence is undefeated.
RookieBeast2019

Unread postby RookieBeast2019 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:36 am

Nothing like the opener.

Got in and set up by 530.

615.... 2 guys come walking in... oh well that’s public land.

Good luck all. And most important, be safe.
SwampBrian

Unread postby SwampBrian » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:34 am

My Best buck to date, went mobile this fall with Beast Sticks and a Lone Wolf assault. Set up nearby where a few bucks have eluded a permanent ladder stand and got a 40 yard shot at 7:00 am this morning. Good luck to everyone else!!
Took the bow out this afternoon and almost sealed the deal on an even bigger one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:41 pm

I pee off the back patio any morning I ain't hunting. Love it
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
jchang3

Unread postby jchang3 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:01 am

SwampBrian wrote:My Best buck to date, went mobile this fall with Beast Sticks and a Lone Wolf assault. Set up nearby where a few bucks have eluded a permanent ladder stand and got a 40 yard shot at 7:00 am this morning. Good luck to everyone else!!
Took the bow out this afternoon and almost sealed the deal on an even bigger one.

In WI your gun buck tag is used during gun season whether you use a firearm or bow to harvest it. You cannot use your archery buck tag during gun season.
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:18 am

jchang3 wrote:
SwampBrian wrote:My Best buck to date, went mobile this fall with Beast Sticks and a Lone Wolf assault. Set up nearby where a few bucks have eluded a permanent ladder stand and got a 40 yard shot at 7:00 am this morning. Good luck to everyone else!!

In WI your gun buck tag is used during gun season whether you use a firearm or bow to harvest it. You cannot use your archery buck tag during gun season.

Archery season runs through gun season, so I'm pretty sure you can use your archery tags.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”