One more day....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Re: One more day....

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:15 am

I think we all have those days. I know I have. Some years we grind and grind. Others those bucks just follow the script perfectly and the season is over quickly.

I love a long drawn out season. I also love being done before guns. Just depends on what is going on in life.
sasquatch1

Unread postby sasquatch1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:18 am

Awesome, reminds me of many hunts.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:32 am

"Dan" and "deer hunting strategies" are two things I put together all the time.

"Dan" and "underwear"??

NEVER!

:lol:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:27 am

I've had a grind of a season. Paying the dues
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:36 am

Embrace the suck for sure!
Dan might take it to a whole different level sometimes though, haha.

I know ya love the forge bow but it might be time to get yourself a Hoyt :)
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:42 am

westmichigander wrote:Embrace the suck for sure!

Dude. If a forge can't take Dan abuse, a hoyt ain't got a chance... lol. J/k
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:22 am

You are having a season for the ages Dan....most of us can relate. Keep grinding. For those of you watching the video that have never busted trail in cattails...it is incredibly hard work, think high knee drills in knee deep water, while gremlins try to trip you and hold you down. 100 yards in such a situation will leave you very tired....400 yards or more will have you begging for death :lol: :lol:. THEN having your bow string pop off JUST before reaching your tree :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:56 am

Dosent seem very ethical for the first shot after re-stringing to be at an animal. Even if its only ten yards. Dan just made a video about missing such a shot.
Denisboyko22

Unread postby Denisboyko22 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:10 am

Love the videos dan, keep grinding , this is my 2nd year hunting and last year when I started and didnt know much about hunting and would've been happy with almost anything I pulled back on a doe and forgot to look through the peep sight because I was so freaked out and shot over it's back at 8 yards and was down on myself for the rest of the season . I'm happy that happened to me because it made me have a whole new perspective on hunting and just be more humble , of course watching your videos has made me now start chasing mature bucks and I did end up getting one 3rd day of the season and I also that day lost my release for my bow and I've never shot a bow without it but decided to continue my hunt and ended up shooting my 1st buck/deer which I posted about before on here. Was 138 inches . Just gotta say you motivate alot of people and helped them get a whole new perspective on hunting I'm 20 years old and before watching your videos I only knew what I saw on TV hunting field edges and everything and using scents and all that.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:33 am

EllieTheChubb wrote:Dosent seem very ethical for the first shot after re-stringing to be at an animal. Even if its only ten yards. Dan just made a video about missing such a shot.

You can have your opinion, mine was / is that nothing should change. I should hit the same spot at 30 I did the day before... but, I still limited my self to 10 yards despite being sure I could shoot the same as before, and mainly because of the peep... not because it was restrung. Sights were never adjusted, not even after pulling it apart and fixing the peep, just took it out in the yard and dropped arrows in the target right where they should. Not trying to be mean here, but I have been around the block, had that bow in pieces many times, built new parts for it, etc... I dont need the ethics police to tell me how I should hunt or shoot... I pretty much worry about my own ethics not others, and a lot of people should learn from that.
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:09 am

dan wrote:
westmichigander wrote:Embrace the suck for sure!

Dude. If a forge can't take Dan abuse, a hoyt ain't got a chance... lol. J/k

hahaha ya ya
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:43 am

I love seeing these types of hunts, makes me feel good knowing I'm slogging it out with the Master. :mrgreen: Keep them coming Dan!!!!
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:55 am

dan wrote:
EllieTheChubb wrote:Dosent seem very ethical for the first shot after re-stringing to be at an animal. Even if its only ten yards. Dan just made a video about missing such a shot.

You can have your opinion, mine was / is that nothing should change. I should hit the same spot at 30 I did the day before... but, I still limited my self to 10 yards despite being sure I could shoot the same as before, and mainly because of the peep... not because it was restrung. Sights were never adjusted, not even after pulling it apart and fixing the peep, just took it out in the yard and dropped arrows in the target right where they should. Not trying to be mean here, but I have been around the block, had that bow in pieces many times, built new parts for it, etc... I dont need the ethics police to tell me how I should hunt or shoot... I pretty much worry about my own ethics not others, and a lot of people should learn from that.

Not trying to be the ethics police. Thats why I said "it doesn't seem" opposed to "thats not". Its all about personal beliefs. Personally I would need to sling an arrow into a stump and know its shooting properly.

Glad its all shooting straight. Good luck out there!
cuttiebrownbo

Unread postby cuttiebrownbo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:06 am

Nothing like a good grind of season to make the 'easy' seasons that much sweeter.

Good Luck and Shoot Em Dead.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”