One more day....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: One more day....

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Haven't really "conquered" a marsh yet. But I've looked at a mountain and thought. There's gotta be a bull/nice buck up there. So I'd start up. By a 3rd of the way up, the ole heart was pounding out of my ears. Each breath seared my throat. And my calves felt way over stretched. About as quick as the thought about heading back down popped into my head. I'd think, no way in hades is this gosh darn mountain gonna win. Take a few more breaths and hit it again. Yeah plenty of times I didn't see a hair. But the feeling of conquering my thoughts about giving up, because of my aching muscles and sore throat. And getting to the top, was priceless. And most times the view made the trek way more than worth it!!!

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
BigBrutus11

Unread postby BigBrutus11 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:16 pm

For all you older guys check this out
https://youtu.be/79sVMMesYxk
A little inspiration
GFAR100

Unread postby GFAR100 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:05 pm

this is one of the best and realest hunting videos i have ever seen. Gotta appreciate the days out there i think about that all the time, walking out at night so damn happy i got to spend a whole day in the woods.
aint much more i can say than that. thanks dan keep on keepin on bud.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:57 pm

BigBrutus11 wrote:For all you older guys check this out
https://youtu.be/79sVMMesYxk
A little inspiration

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing. 8-)
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:50 am

"This is public land..and anybody with a few screws loose can do this" Love that quote Dan!!

I'd like to say im really enjoying the content you are putting out lately, but saying I'm enjoying it would be an understatement, its more like it is inspiring me and pushing me to dig deeper, scout more, go further, get better, all while enjoying every second I spend in the woods, thank you Dan!!
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:38 am

anyone ever think about sky diving into an island? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:46 am

In seriousness I been having a season from he11 and maybe it was due for me. This video helped me realize Im gonna be ok. Thanks Dan! You will smash one late season.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
MarshRunner1

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:37 am

I'm only 18 and I just hope and pray that I'll be able to keep sloggin through the marsh. I dont' wanna get old :lol: In all seriousness, this was a video alot of hunters should watch. Not everything goes as planned. You get wet. Your gettin' your kicked. Your bow string pops off the cam. Its all part of the hunt and only makes the harvest that much more rewarding. "This is all public; any guy with a few screws loose can do this". I had to stop the video and laugh a little. My friends and parents think I'm nuts for hunting where I do but I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. Its the one place I feel free and away from everyone else.
Denisboyko22

Unread postby Denisboyko22 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:21 pm

MarshRunner1 wrote:I'm only 18 and I just hope and pray that I'll be able to keep sloggin through the marsh. I dont' wanna get old :lol: In all seriousness, this was a video alot of hunters should watch. Not everything goes as planned. You get wet. Your gettin' your kicked. Your bow string pops off the cam. Its all part of the hunt and only makes the harvest that much more rewarding. "This is all public; any guy with a few screws loose can do this". I had to stop the video and laugh a little. My friends and parents think I'm nuts for hunting where I do but I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. Its the one place I feel free and away from everyone else.

Same here people think I'm nuts lol I hunt probably some of the same land as you in southern central Wisconsin
MarshRunner1

Unread postby MarshRunner1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Denisboyko22 wrote:
MarshRunner1 wrote:I'm only 18 and I just hope and pray that I'll be able to keep sloggin through the marsh. I dont' wanna get old :lol: In all seriousness, this was a video alot of hunters should watch. Not everything goes as planned. You get wet. Your gettin' your kicked. Your bow string pops off the cam. Its all part of the hunt and only makes the harvest that much more rewarding. "This is all public; any guy with a few screws loose can do this". I had to stop the video and laugh a little. My friends and parents think I'm nuts for hunting where I do but I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. Its the one place I feel free and away from everyone else.

Same here people think I'm nuts lol I hunt probably some of the same land as you in southern central Wisconsin

Great to know I'm not the only insane guy around! :lol: I don't wanna say specifically where I hunt but its in a very large marsh near Madison, if your familiar with the area you'll probably know where I'm talking about :shhh:
Denisboyko22

Unread postby Denisboyko22 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:14 pm

MarshRunner1 wrote:
Denisboyko22 wrote:

Great to know I'm not the only insane guy around! :lol: I don't wanna say specifically where I hunt but its in a very large marsh near Madison, if your familiar with the area you'll probably know where I'm talking about :shhh:

Yup my girlfriend called me nuts before I went to bed and told her I'm waking up at 2 am to get out in the marsh this morning 2 hours before light lol and I'm familiar with that area but haven't hunted it , wanted to try jefferson marshes with islands , got some areas marked but been hunting marshes in fund du lac lately lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”