Must see THP episode

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Must see THP episode

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:46 pm

You gotta see this one to believe it!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIy8Cf8_A9E&t=0s

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Must see THP episode

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Literally just finished it. 8-)
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Love that snack at the end!
wjung

Unread postby wjung » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:28 am

Boots in the road!!
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:00 am

One of my favorite episodes by THP. I held my breath the entire time. From the intensity of the stalk to the worry another hunter vehicle might roll by and disrupt the entirety of things, what an awesome experience and a story to tell to say the least.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
treeroot
500 Club

Unread postby treeroot » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am

Really amazed he literally stood there waiting. Makes me wonder how often I over think everything.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:01 am

Crazy! Can't believe that worked out but it did. :clap: 8-)
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:21 am

Great eyeballs on Teddy to spot him there. I could never see him before the shot no matter how tight they panned in with the camera. (although I have to admit I have that problem on most hunting videos)
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
BuffaloBill

Unread postby BuffaloBill » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:05 am

That was worth breaking my YouTube detox. They make me want to do more hunting from the ground. But I'm not sure I could have a stare down with a deer for that long ha.
Jmitch

Unread postby Jmitch » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:28 am

Great video and I love all the THP stuff but am I the only one who enjoys the stand hunting videos more than the ones they drive/walk around and try to make it happen? Maybe the "still hunting" doesnt seem like a realistic option for me or where I hunt.

Either way great footage and great buck
trob_205
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertstravisj

Unread postby trob_205 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:45 am

Jmitch wrote:Great video and I love all the THP stuff but am I the only one who enjoys the stand hunting videos more than the ones they drive/walk around and try to make it happen? Maybe the "still hunting" doesnt seem like a realistic option for me or where I hunt.

They definitely took a page out of the whitetail adrenaline book with that approach and I’m pretty sure he even says thats why they chose that open country to be able to go after them like that. I like the stand/saddle setups too because they relate more to me, but some of the most entertaining videos I’ve watched are whitetail adrenaline and THP!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:51 am

trob_205 wrote:
Jmitch wrote:Great video and I love all the THP stuff but am I the only one who enjoys the stand hunting videos more than the ones they drive/walk around and try to make it happen? Maybe the "still hunting" doesnt seem like a realistic option for me or where I hunt.

They definitely took a page out of the whitetail adrenaline book with that approach and I’m pretty sure he even says thats why they chose that open country to be able to go after them like that. I like the stand/saddle setups too because they relate more to me, but some of the most entertaining videos I’ve watched are whitetail adrenaline and THP!

I think it’s great that these guys have the confidence to do whatever it takes to get a buck. Getting that all on video is amazing. Can’t stress enough how much skill that takes to pull that off. Honestly I enjoy stuff like this much more than treestand hunts. Going after them and making it happen is as exciting as it gets.
trob_205
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertstravisj

Unread postby trob_205 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:08 am

Dewey wrote:
trob_205 wrote:

I think it’s great that these guys have the confidence to do whatever it takes to get a buck. Getting that all on video is amazing. Can’t stress enough how much skill that takes to pull that off. Honestly I enjoy stuff like this much more than treestand hunts. Going after them and making it happen is as exciting as it gets.

Oh its super exciting! Do you watch whitetail adrenaline?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:14 am

trob_205 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
trob_205 wrote:

Oh its super exciting! Do you watch whitetail adrenaline?

Yes I have. Good stuff.
ridge_runner91

Unread postby ridge_runner91 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 pm

I like the stand hunting more too. I feel like the footage is generally better. Might not be important to some folks but I like to see the animal during the shot.

I realize the skill it takes to pull off a stalk but it just doesn't seem to relate to me in the areas I typically hunt.

Pretty amazing hunt to say the least tho.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”