Big non typical

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigBrutus11

Big non typical

Unread postby BigBrutus11 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:16 am

Anyone heard or seen this buck before. Friend of mine said it was killed up by Spooner Wi
16706.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kraftd
500 Club

Re: Big non typical

Unread postby Kraftd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:22 am

Looks to have game farm written all over it....
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:34 am

Kraftd wrote:Looks to have game farm written all over it....

Most likely...
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:39 am

Yes! Dang sure did last week. Seen him on this stomped all over piece of public and figured it would be best to give him at least another year or 2. What’s that Chris Carter used to say on Monday Night Football.. Come on Man !!! :lol:
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
BigBrutus11

Unread postby BigBrutus11 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:07 pm

I figured it was just another rehashed pic of some buck shot years ago on the internet again
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:45 pm

BigBrutus11 wrote:I figured it was just another rehashed pic of some buck shot years ago on the internet again

No one knows if it's legit or not, we should hold judgement until more is known.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Not sure how you can for sure look at a pic of buck and know it came from a game farm. Looks similar to alot of the highest ranking non-typical bucks entered in B&C.

But that being said pics of abnormally large deer that were taken years ago, even in another state. Or from game farms. Start popping up this time of year! On social media. If it's legit you usually get more info. If not it will just fade away.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:52 am

stash59 wrote:Not sure how you can for sure look at a pic of buck and know it came from a game farm. Looks similar to alot of the highest ranking non-typical bucks entered in B&C.

But that being said pics of abnormally large deer that were taken years ago, even in another state. Or from game farms. Start popping up this time of year! On social media. If it's legit you usually get more info. If not it will just fade away.

I wasn't trying to be negative, I guess more just practical.

To me the body size doesn't necessarily match up to the rack, which is a pretty normal trait for the big game farm bucks. I also thought there was a pretty well-known high-fence place in that area, but could be mistaken. The rack just looks like the kind of non-typical you see farm a game farm to me, and not a huge history of that kind of genetics/minearal/food base in that area. I've heard they pepper the racks in velvet with rock salt to get them to grow the non-typical stuff, but that could be BS. The fair-chase bucks this size also tend to hit the web and gain traction pretty darn quick these days, and hadn't seen this one.

That was just my immediate reaction. If it's fair chase, its incredible. If its from a farm and that's your bag, no judgement from my end.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 am

Kraftd wrote:
stash59 wrote:Not sure how you can for sure look at a pic of buck and know it came from a game farm. Looks similar to alot of the highest ranking non-typical bucks entered in B&C.

I wasn't trying to be negative, I guess more just practical.

To me the body size doesn't necessarily match up to the rack, which is a pretty normal trait for the big game farm bucks. I also thought there was a pretty well-known high-fence place in that area, but could be mistaken. The rack just looks like the kind of non-typical you see farm a game farm to me, and not a huge history of that kind of genetics/minearal/food base in that area. I've heard they pepper the racks in velvet with rock salt to get them to grow the non-typical stuff, but that could be BS. The fair-chase bucks this size also tend to hit the web and gain traction pretty darn quick these days, and hadn't seen this one.

That was just my immediate reaction. If it's fair chase, its incredible. If its from a farm and that's your bag, no judgement from my end.

Actually the genetics should be, or at least used to be in that area. Some big nontypicals from that country "back in the day." You make some valid points though. And like I said. Alot of made up stuff floats around this time of year any more. A big downside to the internet!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
BJ99Robinson

Unread postby BJ99Robinson » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:15 am

If that's free range WOW!
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:00 am

BigBrutus11 wrote:Anyone heard or seen this buck before. Friend of mine said it was killed up by Spooner Wi16706.jpeg

There was 27 pointer that was shot a week before gun opener this year in Minnesota that looked a lot like that one. It was shot on public but later was determined that it had escaped from a game farm. It also tested positive for CWD...imagine that?! You can Google the story if interested...
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:03 am

That buck looks unhappy to me.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”