Mobile attack

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

chasintails
Facebook: Timothy Pinks

Mobile attack

Unread postby chasintails » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:12 am

Most of you guys seem to be from Wisconsin. Lots of public land = lots of options. I unfortuantelly live to your southern boarders in the land of lincoln and we have very few public options. I do have permission to hunt a few small farms and am very fortunate to have this permission. I've read and heard, many of you are setting up on specific bucks with a mobil approach, but what are you doing if You don't have any target bucks on your limited access? Not hunt? I usually have a few resident does and fawns at the places I hunt. My approach has been to wait until late October and Early November and hunt smart but sparingly. My goal is to catch a monarch cruising the area for hot does? Should I be approaching this differently? What about ground blinds? Do any of you use them? I'm learry to start messing with the woods at this point as I don't want to ruin what little I've got.
I don't really have any hang and hunt set ups. Most of my set ups are more permanant hang on types. What do you suggest?

Buckinator

Re: Mobile attack

Unread postby Buckinator » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:30 am

I don't have specific bucks, but I hunt bedding areas in the same manner. Look at the overall area on google earth/topo maps and get a feel for how the deer would move through your area. Maybe your property is in-between food and bedding, or has bedding and food. How would you think they would travel that terrain and wind direction while looking for does or getting food? Couple that with in stand observations and now your getting dangerous boy.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”