Can anyone help me understand Kentucky public land

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NHODN

Can anyone help me understand Kentucky public land

Unread postby NHODN » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm

I'm going to Kentucky in December for the late muzzle loader season and can't seem to figure out how to use the dnr page I called the dnr and they weren't to helpful the place I will be staying has been more helpful and the owners told me that they would drive me around and show me some public land but I want to understand how it works so i do get busted for hunting somewhere i shouldn't be hunting

I only work so I can hunt
mauser06
500 Club

Re: Can anyone help me understand Kentucky public land

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Don't know how it is in Kentucky but I downloaded OnX last year and I love it. Only thing it misses in Pennsylvania is private land owners enrolled in public Access programs...you still need permission on those lands in PA anyhow.

For $20 or so, it's invaluable to me.
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:37 pm

mauser06 wrote:Don't know how it is in Kentucky but I downloaded OnX last year and I love it. Only thing it misses in Pennsylvania is private land owners enrolled in public Access programs...you still need permission on those lands in PA anyhow.

For $20 or so, it's invaluable to me.

Ok thank you I'll check that out
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Before I paid, I believe it was a 7 or 10 day free trial. Definitely worth checking into.

I use it very often. Downloading areas for offline use is quick and easy...I hunt a lot of places without cell service. I carry an actual GPS as well but it's electronic technology...I like having everything backed up. Drop pins at my truck on both and away I go. Maybe ignorant to some extent....but I trust that one or the other will work and get me back to the truck when I am ready.
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:29 pm

mauser06 wrote:Before I paid, I believe it was a 7 or 10 day free trial. Definitely worth checking into.

I use it very often. Downloading areas for offline use is quick and easy...I hunt a lot of places without cell service. I carry an actual GPS as well but it's electronic technology...I like having everything backed up. Drop pins at my truck on both and away I go. Maybe ignorant to some extent....but I trust that one or the other will work and get me back to the truck when I am ready.

I always carry a compass with me and a map printout I hate relying on electronics i should buy a GPS and I'll definitely try onx thank you for the info I appreciate it

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”