Hunt the sign he said. Couldn't even get in the tree!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

seuss79

Hunt the sign he said. Couldn't even get in the tree!

Unread postby seuss79 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 am

It was private ground. First day I set up where I thought wind and good intersection looked. It lacked sign. And I didn't see anything.

I decided to set up out there a two days later. Again using wind, I approached where I thought they would be bedded. Saw some decent fresh sign and set up in best tree to take advantage of shots.

I got up 3 of my 4 lone wolf sticks and had 2 fawns a a doe walk practically under me. They stood within 25 yards drinking from a puddle for about 20 minutes before slowly returning to bedding. Needless to say, my calves still hurt standing still on the sticks.

They didn't notice me so I set up after they left. About 30 minutes later, I shot a doe from this spot. Saw 6 deer coming from the piece of woods I thought they were bedded in.

I was looking for meat and managed 2 does this last week out there. (1 week vacation.) In the past it would have taken me a season to do this because I would just set up where I thought it looked good.(I never had any idea of what was really good!)

Pics to follow with setup etc as time provides at work.

Uncle Lou

Re: Hunt the sign he said. Couldn't even get in the tree!

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:25 am

Thanks for sharing. Always enjoy hearing hunters talk about a bit of a break through.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
backstraps

Re: Hunt the sign he said. Couldn't even get in the tree!

Unread postby backstraps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 am

Congratulations!! Sounds like you had some fun, learned some tactics and filled the freezer! Win win situation. Those sore calves, yes sir been there done that....still fun :lol:
Good job :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”