Snow

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TomMurphyNY

Snow

Unread postby TomMurphyNY » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:20 pm

Fresh snow here in Central New York. Typically I choose to go north to track in this stuff but I might take a crack at bow hunting in it. Anyone use any different tactics when snow hits the ground during bow season?

Bigwoodslongbow

Re: Snow

Unread postby Bigwoodslongbow » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:41 pm

TomMurphyNY wrote:Fresh snow here in Central New York. Typically I choose to go north to track in this stuff but I might take a crack at bow hunting in it. Anyone use any different tactics when snow hits the ground during bow season?

Screw bow hunting go grab a track man! Dont wait to the rut,to track when they hard to catch. Go get him now pre rut,when,they stop to feed make,rubs scrapes ect.
TomMurphyNY

Unread postby TomMurphyNY » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:02 am

Bigwoodslongbow wrote:
TomMurphyNY wrote:Fresh snow here in Central New York. Typically I choose to go north to track in this stuff but I might take a crack at bow hunting in it. Anyone use any different tactics when snow hits the ground during bow season?

Screw bow hunting go grab a track man! Dont wait to the rut,to track when they hard to catch. Go get him now pre rut,when,they stop to feed make,rubs scrapes ect.

It doesn't take much for me to want to get in to the big woods and track! I'm 50/50 right now. Would also like to spend time with my father and he isn't much of a tracker. Want to keep my options open with a good plan for either or.
The Mediocre Hunter

Unread postby The Mediocre Hunter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:47 am

Bigwoodslongbow wrote:It doesn't take much for me to want to get in to the big woods and track! I'm 50/50 right now. Would also like to spend time with my father and he isn't much of a tracker. Want to keep my options open with a good plan for either or.

In my opinion tracking would be a great fun time with my dad. Took him bowhunting with me one day and he hasn't gone back up a stand with me since. It's hard to go from not hunting to an all day sit. Maybe that was my mistake but I love the whole stalk and hunt style.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”