shooting at limited light hours

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kher

Re: shooting at limited light hours

Unread postby kher » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:55 am

jchang3 wrote:Are you using a multi-pin or single pin sight?

Did you miss because you couldn't see the deer through your sight picture?

I didnt have problems with missing deer during low light situations but in my early bow hunting years I had trouble using the right pin in the heat of the moment. It made me miserable when I couldn't recover a deer I shot.

I switched to a single pin sight (hha kingpin) and never had an issue now. I set my pin to 27 yards and practice with it from 0-30 yards. Anything under 30 yards, I will aim center of the deer’s chest cavity and be in the killzone.

Haven’t missed or not recovered a deer once I made the changed. (Knock on wood)

I am using a multi pin sight. after reading everything, I am thinking I missed because of not being able to align my peep and sight housing. I always thought it was because my bow was not level, im talking about not being able to see the bubble on the sight.

I was thinking about putting glow in the dark nail polish on my sight so I can see it in the dark? anyone try this or something similar?

“The more I practice, the luckier I become.”
Byron Ferguson
raisins

Unread postby raisins » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:53 am

I like a quarter inch peep sight

Are your pins fiber optic?
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 am

<DK> wrote:
matt1336 wrote:
matt1336 wrote:During my practice aiming sessions I was pretty surprised how the ezv sight helped with aiming in low light. I shot a doe the other in the last half hour, on a cloudy day. No probs. That sight isn’t for everyone. But I like it.

This is one thing i have not tried. Very interesting sight, good reviews from people who have tried it - when the eye works properly. Some reviews people left were about lost opportunities bc it wasnt lit up.

I shot a doe with the light fading earlier this week. The sight worked great. Also I was stuck sitting after dark last night and a drew back a few times. I think it’s the lack of pins the helps. You just have the frame of the sight to worry about. I really like it so far.

Oh im sorry yeah thats the one w the different inserts. I had the two mixed up. My apologies...

I thought you were referring to the IQ bow sight. Which has the eye that lights up on top and you align it with the pins.

EZV looks great. Swapping the inserts to tune turns me off a bit but i like the bright yellow.

You don't need to swap inserts on this sight to tune. All you need to do is take a measurement from your old sight to choose which insert you need to use on the EZV. And if you did need to switch inserts, it's not a big deal, you can pop it out and put in a different one. The sight comes with all different speed inserts (except if you have a very slow bow, 200 or 220 fps, those you have to buy separately).
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
kher

Unread postby kher » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:24 am

raisins wrote:I like a quarter inch peep sight

Are your pins fiber optic?

yes they are fiber
“The more I practice, the luckier I become.”
Byron Ferguson

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”