Sitka hunting gear

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Gator777

Sitka hunting gear

Unread postby Gator777 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:44 am

Curious on your guys opinions. Had a chance to get an entire Sitka outfit new for a steal! So I’m curious as to what the Sitka guys favor for their tree stand hunting. What’s your choices and why? Also I know a lot of guys hunt public and have a good long hike so some guys may not wear Sitka. I absolutely do not think less of wal mart camo as I have an over abundant amount of that and love it too. Thanks fellas.

Stringpuller74

Re: Sitka hunting gear

Unread postby Stringpuller74 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:58 am

Gator777 wrote:Curious on your guys opinions. Had a chance to get an entire Sitka outfit new for a steal! So I’m curious as to what the Sitka guys favor for their tree stand hunting. What’s your choices and why? Also I know a lot of guys hunt public and have a good long hike so some guys may not wear Sitka. I absolutely do not think less of wal mart camo as I have an over abundant amount of that and love it too. Thanks fellas.

I have sitka storm front jacket. Its legit but non insulated.
Im older now and im wanting to get back into late season and im currently purchasing heated baselayers and going to other rechargeable clothes. Cant stay warm out there long so hopefully this helps lol.
BAS4109

Unread postby BAS4109 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:25 am

I like the Stratus pants and jacket, the windstopper is nice. I layer under it with the Kelvin lite jacket.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:43 am

If its a great deal just get it. The quality is almost in matched. Everything i tried on was a dang car payment but i noticed there was zero noise from my movements and extremely comfortable.
milkweed-militia
500 Club
Facebook: Ross Brawner

Unread postby milkweed-militia » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:16 am

I went to Sitka's page to look at their whitetail line and just woke up where I passed out! :o Holy jeez that stuff is high!
GoetzC

Unread postby GoetzC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:56 am

Gator777 wrote:Curious on your guys opinions. Had a chance to get an entire Sitka outfit new for a steal! So I’m curious as to what the Sitka guys favor for their tree stand hunting. What’s your choices and why? Also I know a lot of guys hunt public and have a good long hike so some guys may not wear Sitka. I absolutely do not think less of wal mart camo as I have an over abundant amount of that and love it too. Thanks fellas.

I think it depends on where you are in the country and what at temps you're stand hunting. I hunt MN and WI and absolutely love my sitka fanatic bibs and jacket when the temps drop below freezing. They have full leg zips so you can unzip them all the way on the march in and zip up as you cool down. I've hunted at -15* by strategically picking a tree out of the wind and layering up. I also have the sitka equiniox pants and jacket for early season but only because I found them comparable in price to other brands I was considering already.

It does not matter what hobby you chose - quality gear is not cheap... watch ebay, forums, and clearance sites like camofire. :)
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 am

I can get it at a very discounted price as a state employee, so I try to buy a few pieces every year. I'll be honest, it is fantastic stuff. When I first started wearing it, I couldn't believe how well thought out it is. Also, it actually wicks away moisture, and drys quickly, which obviously keeps you warm.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:40 pm

I a few sitka items. I purchased some used or at discounted prices. The stuff is expensive, however I'm glad to see a clothing company push the status quo in the hunting industry. I have there mountain pants and flat out love them. They've been ran hard and put up wet and was well worth the price of admission. They are built like a tank and have survived 5 years of hard hunting with plenty of miles left. They have lasted longer than other brands britches though at a higher price, which helps justify the added expense. However long term it seems to wash out even. Last year for Christmas a few family members put their hard earned money together and got me the fanatic vest and man its nice, warm and well thought out. I love to add the bibs or fleece pants to my collection. It's a great piece IMO. Do I need sitka gear to kill deer, heck no but, it's nice goods and having hunters designing them is a huge plus.
Jeff25

Unread postby Jeff25 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Stratus bibs, jacket can be used from 40-60, just layer according, then add fanatic vest overtop for 20-30. Good base layers and mid layers are important though. I have been using merino wool base layers and fleece mid layers. For long hikes a only wear my base layers in usually and get dressed at the tree.
CChunter

Unread postby CChunter » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:06 pm

I spent a small fortune on Sitka clothing this season and don’t regret buying a single piece. With all the other camo I had bought there was always something I didn’t like. With Sitka the only thing not to like is the price, so I say if you want it buy it you won’t regret it. Comfort and function ability is unbelievable.
Sharpshoot3r

Unread postby Sharpshoot3r » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:15 am

I have close to the whole line of clothes and love every piece. Mixing and matching will get you a combo for every situation you might come across.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”