Your input?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mgaspari

Re: Your input?

Unread postby Mgaspari » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:57 pm

The Mediocre Hunter wrote:
Mgaspari wrote:Used our border collie/ spitz about 20 years ago to find a buck in the rain. A buddy said go get your dog he will find it, I called him an idiot. 20 minutes after bringing the dog out he found the deer. Guess I was the idiot. Some dogs have the knack so I guess it’s worth a try

Man that's cool. You just put him on the scent and he took off? Or did you have to command something?

Just brought him to the last blood, he was on it like he knew what he was doing. We actually thought he was just sniffing around because we assumed he was going the wrong way (according to the way the blood trail had been going) but the buck had tried to double back

The Mediocre Hunter

Re: Your input?

Unread postby The Mediocre Hunter » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Mgaspari wrote:Just brought him to the last blood, he was on it like he knew what he was doing. We actually thought he was just sniffing around because we assumed he was going the wrong way (according to the way the blood trail had been going) but the buck had tried to double back

I'll definitely will try to see if my dog has that knack. Thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”