Bird and coon hunters

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Newb
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/nate.hommerding

Bird and coon hunters

Unread postby Newb » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:09 am

Alright guys, so I hunt “big woods” ranging from 300 to a few thousand acres in size in northern Wisconsin. Most of the parcels have been either select cut, clear cut or had sections clear cut out of them within the last 15 years. This is my first year beast style hunting and really knowing what to look for and learning how to read the sign. I have found some good looking areas with good sign both fresh and historic, with little to no other bow hunting pressure. But these areas do receive a decent amount of pressure from grouse and coon hunters. My question is do you think these hunters impact an area similar to how other deer hunters would or?

stash59

Re: Bird and coon hunters

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:36 am

I know in certain parts up there. The grouse hunters mostly stick to the old logging roads. Mainly the ones grown in too narrow for full size vehicles any more. As far as the coon hunters. It would just depend on how many there actually are, and how hard/much they actually hunt!!!

Just like high pressure public down here in the south. Any water barriers will likely hold deer and keep most humans and dogs out!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:56 am

Depends if the dogs are good or bad. But overall, I wouldn’t worry too much about it...
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:10 am

Had some of my best hunts finding hot sign coon hunting and coming back the next day. For some reason deer don't seem to care at night. Can't tell you how many slobs I've walked upto over the years at night.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”